cem practice paper

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Rachdougl

cem practice paper

Post by Rachdougl »

After registering online with Bexley, we were sent a practice paper by Bexley. My daughter sat the test based on the prescribed timing's. I was just wondering what sort of score she should already be scoring when the test is still 4 months away and how close are the practice papers to the real cem exam?
christmasbonus

Re: cem practice paper

Post by christmasbonus »

I expect someone with a better memory will come along soon. My DD did these quite early too, and it got me a bit worried to be honest, as I didn't think she did that well, particularly on the comprehension. I think the first few questions were a bit ambiguous. I think the familiarisation paper is really just to get your DC used to the format, and the speed up to a point. It's very difficult to judge - as I say, I thought my DD didn't do these too well, but then she passed the actual test with flying colours. I think the style must be very similar - to be honest I didn't ask either of my DC about the content of the exam, as I would have panicked myself! Sorry I can't be of more help - as I say, hopefully someone who remembers more will be along soon! Good luck to your DD!
parent2013

Post by parent2013 »

Last year, the real paper was harder than the sample.

CEM guys want to trick children, parents and of course tutors :)

Just go for consolidating the basics, build speed and get accustomed to the format.
Rachdougl

Post by Rachdougl »

Thank you both for responding. Currently just working on the timings at the moment. My daughter scored high on the verbal reasoning and comprehension in the times given. Although she was getting the answer right on the maths, she losts points due to the timings and not very answering all the questions. Non verbal was awful but when we went back through the paper she immediately new what the correct answers were. I think at the moment my main concern is the timings. I am sure she will get through practicing the timings. :D
rosehulk

Post by rosehulk »

From what I remember the sample paper was closer to the real thing compared to Bond, CGP.
But we went through as many test papers as possible.
We had to do lots of reading ....
Teach

Post by Teach »

What are the timings for the sample paper please. The one I have starts with a comprehension 'Maybe I should have listened to Dad'.
Many thanks
mum1808

Post by mum1808 »

The timings details are attached to the familiarisation papers. There are detailed timing for each section of the paper.
kingsgen

Post by kingsgen »

Hey, please do not dig your grave yourself. Do not rely on any of these familiarisation papers either for Bexley, Kent, St O or NW. the exam papers are always harder than these papers. Nobody can predict CEM, most of the materials been sold are guess work. Be careful. Time has always been the important element with CEM or NFER and that is why some smart pupils fail 11 plus.
parent2013

Post by parent2013 »

100% in agreement with KingsGen.

Familiarisation papers are easier.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now