Kendrick changes to school finish time

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Tinkers

Kendrick changes to school finish time

Post by Tinkers »

Just to let those starting in September know, Kendrick will be changing the schhol end time to 3:15. ( From 3:10)

If you have transport plans in place they might need a little rethink but shouldn't be too different.
Reading Mum

Re: Kendrick changes to school finish time

Post by Reading Mum »

This will give the girls 40 mins for lunch instead of 35. A good move I think.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

I'm happy with it too
sonasona

Post by sonasona »

I'm happy for you all :D
aliportico

Post by aliportico »

Lol, I was just coming to post this if it hadn't popped up already :-)

I did think that the letter might be building up to something more momentous - 5 minutes was a bit of an anticlimax!
TigerMum

Post by TigerMum »

Thank you all :-) We're beginning to get excited and have started browsing the uniform list... there's a lot! Is it all really necessary?? Bearing in mind that we have to get 2 sets... Have your girls used everything on the uniform and PE kit lists?
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

DD uses polo shirt, skort, socks, shin pads, tracksuit trousers, grey sweatshirt, swimsuit & hat, trainers, hockey stick

plus science overall, house t shirt, science goggles

pretty much everything I think
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

All that Reading Mum mentions plus gum shield, tennis racket and cycle shorts too (also need both white sports socks and maroon hockey socks) . You can do without the tracky bottoms, unless they get cold legs. It's also the most expensive item.

I didn't bother with the house T shirt, just bought her a green t shirt from elsewhere. She has never worn it at school, but because it's plain has worn it elsewhere. It was optional for us. Hopefully still is.

Since the two tigers will be in different classes, they will probably do PE on different days and be doing different things. You might get away with one of some items as a result, unless they both decide to do the same thing in after school clubs. Of course unfortunately you won't know until term starts.

DD did swimming and netball for the first half term, follwed by netball and hockey.

After Christmas, Dance and gymnastics, followed by Badminton and I think more gymnastics.

This half term has been tennis and athletics. Not sure what's next.

On the plus side they only need a pair of trainers, no need for hockey boots etc.

Apart from the polo shirt, skort and optional sweatshirt and tracky bottoms, everything else can be bought anywhere much cheaper, rather than Hawkinsport. I think I got cycle
shorts from Asda, who sold them in packs of two :wink:

School sells goggles cheaply, so probably the best place to get those. Don't buy the over glasses type. A former boss of mine use to wear them, until he got toluene in his eye. They don't offer the same protection.
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

yep - forgot gum shield and cycle shorts. We haven't needed a tennis racquet yet but that is because DD hasn't done it as a club. Maybe will need for summer term.
House shirt is optional - depends on whether your DD are into that sort of camaraderie. Mine is.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Reading Mum wrote:yep - forgot gum shield and cycle shorts. We haven't needed a tennis racquet yet but that is because DD hasn't done it as a club. Maybe will need for summer term.
House shirt is optional - depends on whether your DD are into that sort of camaraderie. Mine is.

Your Dd will probably be doing tennis after half term, I would guess.

I think mine has rounders after half term. Not sure what else. No chance of my DD doing tennis as a club, she seems to have completely missed out on my racket sport genes and is, in her words, rubbish at them.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now