Travel to RHS from Cawston

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

FirstViceroy

Travel to RHS from Cawston

Post by FirstViceroy »

Dear Parents,

We live in Cawston and travel to RHS for my DD when she starts this Sep does not seem to be convenient enough as it takes around 29 minutes by bus. I believe walking to school takes the same time.

Are there any parents living in Cawston whose DDs will be starting this Sep?

Any thoughts on the mode of transport you intend to use to send your DD?

Regards,
guest201

Re: Travel to RHS from Cawston

Post by guest201 »

Walking may take the same amount of time but in winter when it is dark or when it is raining 29 minutes is a long time for a 12 year old girl. I know it is very annoying when you live relatively close and the buses seem to go all around the houses before they get to school, think of it as part of the social life of school or half an hour when they can learn that French vocabulary!
I have found it very difficult to find information about school buses, the WCC website seems useless all I can find is a form for free school transport if you live more than 3 miles away, but information about what bus services are available is very thin on the ground and very well hidden!!! Or maybe I don't know where to look.
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

Not the same school, but when we met DS's new Head this week he said that travel details would be available at the parent induction evening next month. So, things could become clearer for you then ...

JD
FirstViceroy

Post by FirstViceroy »

Guest21,

Thanks for your swift answer.

I did think along the lines you mentioned. I totally agree with you about DD walking during those cold, wet and dark nights. It is certainly too much to take for a 12 year old child.

Website is crap, as you rightly said, to find out details on public transport as is the school transport.

Im trying to partner with any other parents living nearby to send my daughter with their DD. I hope there will be someone out there sailing in the same boat.

Regards,
FirstViceroy

Post by FirstViceroy »

JamesDean wrote:Not the same school, but when we met DS's new Head this week he said that travel details would be available at the parent induction evening next month. So, things could become clearer for you then ...

JD
Thanks for your encouraging words. Hope the same in RHS.
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

JamesDean wrote:Not the same school, but when we met DS's new Head this week he said that travel details would be available at the parent induction evening next month. So, things could become clearer for you then ...

JD
Ooh,how was your meeting? Doesn't his PA have the most lovely office? How will I know you at induction evening?? I'll be on my own (dh working), with two boys, both look younger than their 10 years as they are small. See you there maybe!
ginx

Post by ginx »

My dd is in y7 at RHS.

On induction day, to get to know the girls in the class, each girl said where they came from, the girls wrote it down on a sheet of paper and brought it home. So maybe that way you will find out if there are any other girls starting in year 7 who live in Cawston. I know there are girls who live in Bilton, maybe your dd could walk that far with them.

I was surprised to find how far girls come from - there is one from Sutton Coldfield! Of course, they get buses.

There are five girls from our village, my dd is the only one who walks. We are 1.5 miles away, it takes dd max 25 minutes to walk home so she has always been home before it is dark.

So the "dark night" problem hasn't arisen (no after school clubs so always finished by 345), but I have taken/collected if the weather is vile. Or she is carrying some enormous project! See if you find out more on induction day.

Good luck.
Brum Mum

Post by Brum Mum »

JD
You had a meeting with the head?! Very exciting - hope it went well x
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

Brum Mum wrote:

JD
H*ll yeah! :lol:
He was 'very cool' according to DS, who really enjoyed it and saw the school in its normal, everyday state. Boys playing football in the playground, with their shirts hanging out and not like on the open morning! V reassuring when you're 11 :)

JD
Brum Mum

Post by Brum Mum »

JamesDean wrote:
Brum Mum wrote:

JD
H*ll yeah! :lol:
He was 'very cool' according to DS, who really enjoyed it and saw the school in its normal, everyday state. Boys playing football in the playground, with their shirts hanging out and not like on the open morning! V reassuring when you're 11 :)

JD
That sounds fantastic and really reassuring for your DS!

It seems that KES is a bit more proactive in introducing itself to its new students. We had our welcome letter and some forms to complete from AGS - and that's it for us until the 23 June. We didn't even get a letter telling us that the headmaster was leaving and that a new one had been recruited (unless its just me that's not). I wouldn't have know except it was posted on here and I had a mooch around the website.

Feels a bit anti-climatic if you know what I mean?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now