Transport to Chelmsford Girls School from Redbridge

Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
salaam

Transport to Chelmsford Girls School from Redbridge

Post by salaam »

Hi,
Not sure if there is already a post up here already about this, but does anybody know if there is a special bus service to Chelmsford from anywhere in Redbridge or is it a case of using the tube and train?

Thanks in advance.!
HotCrossBun

Re: Transport to Chelmsford Girls School from Redbridge

Post by HotCrossBun »

Hi Salaam! I can't answer your question, but as a mother of a yr 5 dd, I am just wondering why you would travel to Chelmsford and not use Woodford County Girls grammar. Is Chelmsford a better school, or easier to get into?
salaam

Post by salaam »

Hi, I wish to try both. Depending how long the journey is.
Zyka

Post by Zyka »

I think there's a coach to Chelmsford from Newbury park tube station. I know someone who attends KEG that uses the coach
salaam

Post by salaam »

Thanks Zyka, I was aware of one going to Westlcliffe and Southend but not aware of the Chelmsford one, thanks again.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Train from Stratford to Chelmsford - CCHS only a few minutes' walk from the railway station - takes just under half an hour, so under an hour by public transport, depending on how easy it is for your DD to get to Stratford. Using Newbury Park as a starting point:

http://www.travelfor.co.uk/Essex/Journe ... /90001414/

I don't know how the cost would compare with a private coach, but public transport does give a lot more flexibility, scope to participate in extra-curricular activities etc. Lots of DC use the train to get to the Chelmsford / Southend / Westcliff schools; it's all quite companionable.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
salaam

Post by salaam »

Thanks Toadmum for all your useful information. I'm sure this will be helpful to other forum users too. x
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now