'Selective' Comprehensives in Bromley-Orpington

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

VanillaLatte

'Selective' Comprehensives in Bromley-Orpington

Post by VanillaLatte »

Which schools in Bromley (Chislehurst/Bexley) and Orpington will you consider as your second choice if dc does not get a place in GS? Both: girls schools and boys schools. Much appreciated.
Billie

Re: 'Selective' Comprehensives in Bromley-Orpington

Post by Billie »

No offence, but seems an odd question...if dc does not get a grammar place then it has to be private or the local comp . Not much choice as depends on where you live. Bromley recommend you apply to the comp that always covers your address. If you don't put it on your list ( because you want to avoid a particular school) that doesn't stop the Council sending your dc there.
As an alternative to Kent / Bexley tests you could try the Coopers School Banding test.
Private... Bromley High and Eltham spring to mind
If you are asking because you are thinking of moving and want to know about comps then maybe start with Langley, Hayes, Ravens Wood, Bullers Wood, Darrick Wood.
Open days I expect will be early September.
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

I would be looking at the Kent test as it is possible to get to the Tonbridge grammar schools from Orpington by train.
Filitosa96

Post by Filitosa96 »

billie has mentioned most of the good comprehensives in Bromley but in LB Bexley you also have Hurstmere (boys only) Harris Academy Welling (girls and boys).

I don't know what you mean by "selective". There are very good faith comprehensives in Bishop Justus (Orpington Deanery, C of E, boys and girls), St Catherines (RC, but with some places for other faiths, girls only, Bexleyheath) and St Thomas More (strictly RC only, in Eltham, boys and girls, take practising RC families from Sidcup too)
VanillaLatte

Post by VanillaLatte »

Thank you, all.