schools near richmond-moving north!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Yorkshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now

schools near richmond-moving north!

Post by Guest »

Hi, I have just found this forum from a link and I wondered if anybody in the yorks area could give me some opinions on schools in a 10 mile radius of richmond. We cannot live in ripon as it is deemed too far to travel, but I would ferry my children in if thats what it would take. The problem is that it does not look very promising if my 9 year old does not make it to ripon- there seems to be very few decent schools in the area.Obviously we are going by league tables and ofteds. Also does anybody have a number for a tutor in that area who I could at least find out if she is going to make the grade without extebsive tutoring from? Sorry its a long one but we have to move in the new year, thanks.
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Not from that area but wanted to let you know that it is against forum rules for anyone to post tutor details on this forum. You need to register so that someone can Private Message you if they have any info.
Good luck with the move.

Post by Guest »

Whoops, sorry, I got a bit overexcited...!
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

No need to apologise to me. I break many rules!
Good luck finding a tutor.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Only one I hear much about is Easingwold and that is as far as Ripon from Richmond.... so not much good for you. However there is some commuting there from York !

I think the problem with looking at league tables in such an area (eg Leyburn / Masham etc) is that many of the kids will have gone onto Ripon etc and although they are described as comprehensive they actually miss out on some of the brighter kids. however some still get good GCSE results (partic when compared to national average) - eg Bedale Northallerton and Richmond College.

Not sure how much house hunting you have done yet but some 10 miles in this part of the world are a lot more "scenic" and adventurous than others.....so easy access to the A1 may well be the order of the day
horseygin

Post by horseygin »

Thanks for your info, but isnt richmond college in twickenham? I know what you mean about location, 10 miles can take you a long way from civilisation in those parts!!
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

You are right. I was thinking of Richmond School!!!

Actually there is also a Richmond College in Galle, Sri Lanka!
horseygin

Post by horseygin »

Now that sounds more like it.... what is the entrance exam like? :)
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

:wink:

by "interview" !!!!!

rather a long way to travel in the morning I think!! Scenery was lovely this morning between Bolton Abbey and Harrogate - eben if it was -1 celsius.......

Any luck on finding somewhere to live?

:)