Schools to apply

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
maa

Schools to apply

Post by maa »

Hi!
We are applying for St Olaves and Sutton Consortium schools( Wilson, Wallington and Sutton) for my boy. We are focussing on English, Maths and VR. Any other school that we can apply to? Please do let us know. We live in Croydon area but willing to move in the event my son qulaifies for out of London schools.

Thnx.
Ladymuck

Re: Schools to apply

Post by Ladymuck »

Deleted by user.
Last edited by Ladymuck on Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Hi, maa

If relocation is an option, and if your son is bright and can score the minimum cut-off scores for Slough test or for Kent test, if you don't have other children in primary school to worry about or location is no problem for your work commute etc. etc., then relocate to Slough or Kent or Bucks now. Your DC will manifold increase the chances of getting a grammar school place and could still apply for open-selective places (St. Olaves, St. Judd, Skinner, Wilson's, Wallington, Sutton Grammar, QE-Barnet etc).
maa

Post by maa »

Thanks for the replies.

Does Judd school not have VR/NVR?

Relocation is not an option. Besides Slough schools have NVR which we are not preparing.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

maa wrote:Hi!
........We live in Croydon area but willing to move in the event my son qulaifies for out of London schools.
maa wrote:
Relocation is not an option.
:?:
Kingfisher

Post by Kingfisher »

Hello Maa. You have asked many questions across your 15 posts which people have tried hard to answer for you. Your last posting is very confusing because you have contradicted yourself. Is a move possible or not? Our suggestions will differ according to your response. Other posters have made suggestions which you do not seem to like. We can only suggest possibilities for you - we cannot guide you.

You will need to do a bit of homework - you need to get onto the internet and search the schools in your area - your own borough and neighbouring ones as well. Where are his friends applying? You might get a few suggestions from local parents. Ask at his present school - where do the children end up?

Please also consider your options in case your son does not get into any of your preferred schools; I am sure you do not need me to tell you how difficult it is to get into Wilsons, Wallington and the rest. You will need to visit all the schools on your 'long list.' All the best with it.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now