Is it to late ? VR & NVR test

Advice on 11 Plus VR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
mum38

Is it to late ? VR & NVR test

Post by mum38 »

My DD is taken several entrance tests. She practised all but VR & NVR only a little and get an avarage of 85% in both, I heard now that for schools as Newstead atleast 97% in both is needed. Is this true ? :shock:
Yamin151

Re: Is it to late ? VR & NVR test

Post by Yamin151 »

mum38 wrote:My DD is taken several entrance tests. She practised all but VR & NVR only a little and get an avarage of 85% in both, I heard now that for schools as Newstead atleast 97% in both is needed. Is this true ? :shock:
Really wouldn't worry. You have prepared your daughter for the tests and she seems to be getting excellent results. There is a lot, and I mean a lot of scaremongering out here, usually perpetuated by parents who have listened to other parents who want them to know how clever little johnny was to have passed muster. Really, it is not that bad, in our CEM maths scores of about 40% combined with higher nvr and vr got qualifying result! it's such a mix of weightings that you really cannot categorically say wha percent you need to be getting, but your daughter sounds fine!
elevenpraforum

Post by elevenpraforum »

Hi Mum38,

I think NW is easier to get into as it does not test on the core subjects like Maths & English.

So if your DD is getting around 85% - she should be fine.
parent2013

Post by parent2013 »

I know couple of children who passed and failed NW last year. They all were in the top groups at state school but only difference was on preparation (tutored) and mastering the exam pattern etc. I agree 85% should be good enough to qualify but there will be good number of girls getting between 85-100%.
mystery

Post by mystery »

So it sounds as though you have a good chance as you only have VR and NVR to practise between now and the exam and you are starting from a good score? What papers are the 85% you quote from?