AGSB- NVR

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
smiler10

AGSB- NVR

Post by smiler10 »

Just been told it's going to be NVR to help boys with special needs and who English is their second language.
TIDDLYMUM

Re: AGSB- NVR

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

By whom?
wilmslowmum

Post by wilmslowmum »

Have a look on the schools adjudicator website, its been posted now, really disappointing for the school, i bet the parent who complained is happy, they wont be needing a crash course in NVR and have a really grumpy boy who wont understand why he has just wasted months doing extra english homework which he doesnt pArticularly enjoy at the best of times, for nothing!! I am feeling really angry at the moment, sometimes this country is a joke.
Last edited by wilmslowmum on Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

wilmslowmum - although I understand how frustrated you feel - and I am no fan of one person holding an entire school to ransom - please do not feel that the English work your son has done has been a waste of time or for nothing - anything he has done will stand him in improved stead for the future, even if not directly with this exam. Please hold onto that, all of you, especially if your dc do not pass - it is a one day test, not the be all and end all, even if it doesn't feel like that right this minute.
workerbee

Post by workerbee »

Please could you tell me where to read this decision I cannot see it anywhere on the AGBS website. Could you copy the link maybe ???
wilmslowmum

Post by wilmslowmum »

Hi Workerbee. I dont know how to copy a link !!! But try going to gov.uk/goverment and tap in schools adjudicator decisions. Hope this helps
woodburner

Post by woodburner »

Is this it?
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... l-for-boys" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Oshosh

Post by Oshosh »

I have just read the whole document with great intensity :shock:

I have to collect my thoughts before i say something- because i am fuming..........

NVR it is for sept 2014 exams....... The documents indicated the panel has advised school,nvr is the best way...it looks like the school might have nvr in prospective years as well....... :roll:
Altymumof2

Post by Altymumof2 »

I'm livid and I think the reason why the objection has been upheld stinks. Every child learns English at school whether they speak English as a first language or not, most children don't learn NVR- I'm disgusted.
workerbee

Post by workerbee »

Having just attended the AGBS open evening it is definite that the NVR paper is back in and the English paper is out. There was much chatter from Parents, and staff and I think it wise to continue with familiarisation of the NVR questions until told otherwise.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now