Parents allowed at prizegiving / leavers' evening?

Discussion and advice on Sixth Form matters

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
mad?

Re: Parents allowed at prizegiving / leavers' evening?

Post by mad? »

southbucks3 wrote:I have to physically stop dh from doing the cough-ollox-cough trick when people do that stick a video thing in front of your viewing space trick. He is very naughty!
Oh let him carry on. People who do that are rude, self centred, ignorant and self indulgent. No doubt their children are as well. Good luck to your dh. :D
mad?
mystery

Post by mystery »

southbucks3 wrote:Honest question here, that I feel i can ask cyber friends but not school parents:

What do you do with the endless recordings of school.plays, school functions, sports events, dance and music recitals etc. I kind of understand if the other half cannot attend and wants to see, but surely watching these events once is enough for anyone? Please do tell.
I never do it because I never remember to take any kind of device with me and if I do the battery is flat.

It does worry me though that I will be very bored in my old age when other families are sitting together cosily watching all those DVDs of their children's childhood. And I wonder if my children are not missing out on being able to watch DVDs of themselves when they were younger. Not having the birth or conception DVD seem to be the worst omissions of all.
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

I think we have photos of the conception night from two of ours....nothing naughty :oops: just nights out with dh :lol. As far as birth....ewwww, May as well photograph a plate of chopped liver!

I have a prize giving in two weeks...We have been informed, son has not! I think I will video it now, just for the heck if it. :lol:

So far lots that don't record, there must be a keen camera recorder on forum. Pitch in, fight your corner, what is the plan?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Amber wrote:
scary mum wrote:I once recorded bits of school play for a friend who couldn't attend. I'm not sure she ever watched it, and I know I didn't. Maybe you would like to view it, Amber? I'm sure it can be arranged.
Are you by any chance free this evening scary? :wink:
I have an important appointment arranged, but I'll see what I can do :lol:
scary mum
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Put it on youtube then we can all 'enjoy' it. :lol:
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Was there any good bits?

Baby doll dropping, Willy pulling, tongue poking, arguments, wee wee incidents?

My son passed the baby to Mary in such a "here you go" manner that baby Jesus suffered shaken baby syndrome...We were impressed!
Last edited by southbucks3 on Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tense

Post by tense »

This obsession for recording always reminds me of a guy DH & I met on holiday in SE Asia. He seemed to have a video recorder permanently clamped to his face (this was 20 odd years ago so it was a fair sized piece of kit!). Every now & then he'd emerge & say cheerfully 'I can't wait to get home to see all this!'.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

southbucks3 wrote:I have to physically stop dh from doing the cough-ollox-cough trick when people do that stick a video thing in front of your viewing space trick. He is very naughty!
Do you rent him out? :lol:
Warks mum

Post by Warks mum »

Aren't they all being saved up for 18th/21st birthday parties :wink:
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

Warks mum wrote:Aren't they all being saved up for 18th/21st birthday parties :wink:
Yup. :twisted: :lol:
Marylou
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now