1st Practice Test.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Appeal Mum

1st Practice Test.

Post by Appeal Mum »

I just wanted to send you all good luck wishes as your hard working children embark on their first practice test.

AM
Pensby

Post by Pensby »

Hiya AM
Thanks ,and thanks for all your helpful tips :lol:

My son just can't wait till it's all over,it's his Birthday the week of the first test so at least he's got something to look forward to!

I just want the tests over so we can try and forget about it till Feb (well try to!)

Pensby
mumster

Post by mumster »

Hi AM & everyone
Thanks for your wishes, we also can't wait for all this to be over - it will be nice to relax after school/work after 4th December!
Good luck to everyone.
:lol:
scatshouse

Post by scatshouse »

Thanks Appeal Mum,

Just got back. Son came out grinning and confident, said he'd manage to finish in plenty of time and after the test they went off in small groups and went over each of the question types, the ones they went over he'd got right so that's a good thing.

Just hope he's as confident after the real tests.

Scatshouse
Newbie But Stressed

Post by Newbie But Stressed »

My daughter said they used two rooms today at Wirral G for girls.

The hall and another large room full. With Many more children taking it..
NotionPotion

Post by NotionPotion »

Hi Newbie but stressed-that worries me. With being 3 miles or so away I hope it doesn't end up oversubscribed again!
Then again I don't know how this amount of children taking the exam compares with last year.
scatshouse

Post by scatshouse »

Is there any way we could find out how many boys and girls are taking the exam this year? Don't forget there are also the children taking it at their own schools.

Also, how many have taken it in previous years?

Scatshouse.
NotionPotion

Post by NotionPotion »

Just had a thought. Looking at the Secondary schools booklet that we have all received it states how many pupils had the school for 1st 2nd and 3rd choice so presumably they all must have taken the exam last year. This would total 441 pupils taking the exam for the girls school last year and 448 pupils for the boys school. That sounds a lot but they were still undersubscribed so fingers crossed!
Scatshouse I think you are a similar distance to me from the Wirral Grammars too.
HopefulDen

Calday

Post by HopefulDen »

Just in case anyone wondering-The head at Calday gave a little talk to the parents during the first practice exam and reitereated that any boy who reached the required score would get a place at Calday.

My son and all of his class seemed to think this practice test was easier than what they've been getting at school including the familiarisation papers. Does anyone know-are the practice tests easier than the real tests?
Den
Denise J
Newbie But Stressed

Post by Newbie But Stressed »

NotionPotion wrote:Hi Newbie but stressed-that worries me. With being 3 miles or so away I hope it doesn't end up oversubscribed again!
Then again I don't know how this amount of children taking the exam compares with last year.
Hi, I wouldn't worry about distance,,, Think you will be ok.
Just seems to be more children taking it this year for Wirral G.

practice tests:-

Last year my daughter thought the practice test was easier than the actual test.. But whether it was because of knowing this was the real thing I don't know. But I would not get complacent about the real test if they do ok in the practice test.
My daugher got quite a shock on the real paper.. she said One other girl was crying close by.
The main thing is your child must not panic ( i know it's hard telling them this) but if they get stuck then make a guess, mark the question and move on. Don't sit on the question and run out of time..

I wish you all the best of luck in this stressful time..

I'll enjoy Christmas this year... Unlike last.. :)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now