80s outfits

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

pheasantchick

80s outfits

Post by pheasantchick »

Hi, I was a teen in the 80s but I need a bit of inspiration, and I know you will all help.

I'm going to a family 80s party in a couple of weeks time. I have my outfit sorted, monochrome batwing t shirt, leg warmers, neon jewellery etc

However, I'm struggling with my dcs. I want something simple and inexpensive, as they won't wear it again. They used to love dressing up when younger, but don't really do it now. Some, please can I have some ideas for my ds's which they will wear, and aren't too outrageous.

Thanks.
Tinkers

Re: 80s outfits

Post by Tinkers »

Ra ra skirt

Or think bananarama and layers, string vests, that sort of thing
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

Don't think my boys would wear ra ra skirts! :lol:
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Our local market store was awash with neon clothing a few weeks back, I know this as ds2 wanted some new neon socks, at a few pounds I happily obliged. :D

I have also noticed some kids wearing elastic ankled zippy jeans of late, I noticed because I had some. :oops:

Jelly shoes are also back on trend apparently, as both our student teachers wear them.

A big stack of skinny bangles up the arms for a girl...Claires? Or equivalent.

For a top simply knot a white t shirt at the waist, or if it's a boy cut the arms and neck off an old t shirt. That with jeans and neon socks is probably a compromise. :D

Have a great time, hope you haven't lost your diffuser accessory on your hair dryer don't skimp on the volumising mousse. :lol:

Watch "Bill and Ted's excellent adventure" with them to get them in the mood...a fab film!
KS10

Post by KS10 »

Google Duran Duran, The Cure, Human League etc. and have a look at what they were wearing.
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

I think skinny jeans as suggested already are way to go. Roll them up and team with docs if you can borrow some, or just trainers and neon socks. Get an old t shirt, white, and write RELAX with a black marker pen!?
Hair long and as mullet like as poss, an 80s wig or too always comes in handy and dead cheap.
MamaBear

Post by MamaBear »

that party sounds like so much fun!
fatbananas

Post by fatbananas »

grey jersey mini skirts with one tier (not quite a ra-ra), white bomber jackets, neon socks, black stilettos (small heel) ... I fear I've just identified myself :oops:
Seize the day ... before it seizes you.
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Just remembered, for boys....waistcoat over t shirt...should find some in charity shop.

So from the ground up: trainers, neon socks, jeans, white t shirt...customised in some way, waistcoat, baseball cap if they won't wear wigs oh and sharks tooth necklace...bought bf one of those I remember. :oops:

Easy. :D

Edited to add....just remembered VW badge neck chains...like beasty boys ! You or they could make one with cardboard and tin foil quite easily. (My dad hit the roof when his got nicked off his gti)
Last edited by southbucks3 on Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fatbananas

Post by fatbananas »

errr ... sorry ... got so excited remembering my youth, i didn't read that this was for your DSS!
Seize the day ... before it seizes you.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now