Chelmsford to SHSB

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
pinkrabbit38

Chelmsford to SHSB

Post by pinkrabbit38 »

Is anyone going from Chelmsford to Southend Boys and would be on the bus 512 which stops off in Galleywood?

We are the only one going to Grammar from our school. My son is very chilled about it, I think I'm the one that is most nervous!!

Do SHSB do anything in the holiday's as part of their induction programme?

Thanks all
ToadMum

Re: Chelmsford to SHSB

Post by ToadMum »

We're local enough for DS2 to be expected to walk in if it snows - :shock: for him - but I'm sure you will find someone on the bus. I'm not sure about the school actually arranging anything other than the summer school - second half of the last week in July, I think; sorry a bit hazy about this but DS2 decided he'd rather not go - but they used to do a contact list of all the OOC families and I think have some kind of get-together before the end of term.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
dk2013

Post by dk2013 »

Stephib...my son would be using 512 bus from chelmsford...so you won't be alone..
pinkrabbit38

Post by pinkrabbit38 »

dk2013 wrote:Stephib...my son would be using 512 bus from chelmsford...so you won't be alone..
That's great dk2013!

Do the boys need to take lunch on Friday to the induction day or can they buy lunch? Apart from smart uniform is there anything else they need to take?
Yori1

Post by Yori1 »

Congrats StephiB and dk2013. I look forward to meeting you all at the parents evening on the 7th.

At the out of catchment meeting on the 19th, we were told that the school will be providing a cooked meal and snacks for the children on the induction day. They also said all they needed to do was turn up real smart on the day. :D

Hope this helps. If you have any further questions, pls feel free to pm me.

L
Blitz

Post by Blitz »

Boys get the famous SHSB fish and chips on Friday, courtesy of the school. The queue is long, but worth the wait. They also get given a school tie in their house colours. My DS was so proud to be given his... it was his first school tie, so we had a summer of learning to tie it!

The boys will have a great day and come home buzzing. :D
Manana

Post by Manana »

StephiB wrote:Is anyone going from Chelmsford to Southend Boys and would be on the bus 512 which stops off in Galleywood?

We are the only one going to Grammar from our school. My son is very chilled about it, I think I'm the one that is most nervous!!

Do SHSB do anything in the holiday's as part of their induction programme?

Thanks all
I can't help you on the travel because we're so local DS doesn't even have to cross one road to get to school!

I do know that last year, they offered a Spanish course during the holidays which the boys could do if they wanted. I think it lasted about three days.We were on holidays, I think, so DS didn't do it.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Haven't kept the letter, but the details of this year's summerb school are on the SHSB website under the Language College tab. 23rd - 26th July.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Blitz wrote: They also get given a school tie in their house colours.
Not this year, they didn't, unless 7ST1 were missed out somehow. I treated DS2 to a new one this afternoon after his heroic effort in the Olympiad - his team managed a grand total of nul points :lol: .
pinkrabbit38

Post by pinkrabbit38 »

ToadMum wrote:
Blitz wrote: They also get given a school tie in their house colours.
Not this year, they didn't, unless 7ST1 were missed out somehow. I treated DS2 to a new one this afternoon after his heroic effort in the Olympiad - his team managed a grand total of nul points :lol: .
Bought my son's 'Troy' tie yesterday after the induction day
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now