Anyone travelling from balham to nonsuch in september 2014?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
mummyjee

Anyone travelling from balham to nonsuch in september 2014?

Post by mummyjee »

looking for a nonsuch travel buddy for my dd... doesn't have to be year 7 only

if any one is in balham , tooting bec or nearby, please get in touch :D
tiffinboys

Re: Anyone travelling from balham to nonsuch in september 20

Post by tiffinboys »

If you got class list and contact details, that would help. Direct train from Balham to Cheam, you may find other NS girls using it too.
Phoenixgreen13

Post by Phoenixgreen13 »

Call the school, and most schools would email a list of contact numbers for other children. My oldest goes to tiffin and they sent a list. We contacted other parents, although not in person, but all of us met on the bus stop on the first day to school yes I did not drop her .she went on her own with new girls and they are now very best friends.
mummyjee

Post by mummyjee »

thank you for replying

so ask the school office or head of year for list of where fellow children are commuting from? I really thought this would be confidential.

will phone in asap
Nonsuchmum

Post by Nonsuchmum »

Hi when we went to the new starters day last year, we filled in a contact form. This was emailed by our class rep during the summer holidays so we could make contact with others. Maybe you completed something at the new starters day last Saturday that will be collated & sent to you?
mummyjee

Post by mummyjee »

thanks

ive contacted the school office
who has advised me to email the parent teacher PTA

maybe they will have that list
Peridot

Post by Peridot »

mummyjee wrote:thank you for replying

so ask the school office or head of year for list of where fellow children are commuting from? I really thought this would be confidential.

will phone in asap
Why would this be confidential? Both Tiffin schools give all parents a full list of every form in the year group with children's names and addresses, along with parents' contact numbers and email addresses. It's incredibly useful for children and parents for arranging travelling partners, social gatherings etc, and I would hope all schools do this, whether it's the school itself or the PTA. Of course one is expected not to circulate the details beyond the school!

I hope you manage to get the contact information you need.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

I'm intrigued - was it a question of, 'In this school, the PTA holds this info and can help you', or, 'Well, we don't have / won't give out that info, now where can I send them?'. I'm on the PTA / PA of two schools and I'm fairly sure those organisations don't hold that info at either school! On the other hand, at the GS the school does give all new year 7 parents copies of the class lists, with the postcode of each girl listed. The primary which DS2 is about to leave won't tell anyone anything if they can help it.
Last edited by ToadMum on Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
mc2

Post by mc2 »

mummyjee wrote:thank you for replying

will phone in asap

My wife received a copy of the class list from head of Y7 when she went last Sat, 12th of July, for the PSFA Welcome Event. Have you completed the form sent out before the welcome event? Apparently, those who have not provided their contact details did not receive a class list copy.
mummyjee

Post by mummyjee »

I wasnt able to attend nonsuch on the 12th, but have since submitted my details to a psfa member by email and am waiting on that list of parents details inc postcodes etc
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now