Duvet storage bags

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
fatbananas

Duvet storage bags

Post by fatbananas »

I am desperately searching for these. Some seem good but are very pricey. Can anyone recommend any that they have bought? :)
Seize the day ... before it seizes you.
hermanmunster

Re: Duvet storage bags

Post by hermanmunster »

I've used the vacuum type storage bags - got them from a catalogue store and worked OK. Have a relative who made storage bags (drawstring - like giant shoe bags) out of old sheets.
silverysea

Post by silverysea »

do you mean those ones you hoover out the air? I bought some cheap ones once but while pushing the resulting nice neat package into a high shelf, scraped on a slightly rough surface-kapow! no better than a black bin liner once there's a tiny hole.
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

We use these:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/PLASTIC-SHOPPIN ... B00BPAN4QQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Except mine are pale blue with strawberries on, they cost a pound, from that shop where everything costs a pound. :lol: Third year of use, no mustiness, no bugs, still going strong.
berks_mum

Post by berks_mum »

One of my friend uses pillow cases to store duvets.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I use similar ones to the checked ones linked above but they are from Ikea and are plain - they hold a couple of duvets each. We don't use the vaccuum ones as I understand they crush the feathers/down if the duvets are made of them.

Berks_mum, do you mean duvet covers? I wouldn't have thought you could fit a duvet in a pillow case.
scary mum
KS10

Post by KS10 »

How big are the pillow cases?
berks_mum

Post by berks_mum »

I was trying to find a picture to show what i mean. Here is one, not exactly hers but pretty similar -

http://handycrowd.com/duvet-storage-innovation/
KS10

Post by KS10 »

Clever
fatbananas

Post by fatbananas »

Thanks everyone for your wonderful ideas! :D

I like the pillowcase idea, but I've got twosuper kingsize, 2 kingsize and 4 doubles, some downy/ feathers, some not, so I don't think that will work. I toyed with the idea of making something like that very helpful link, but have got soooooo many skirt/ blouse projects on the go at the moment, thought I'd better resist.

I think those bags for a pound, approximately, look like the thing. Will buy one and see how that works. Looks like they should stack/ store quite efficiently.

Thanks again. :)
Seize the day ... before it seizes you.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now