Should we ask for a review

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

parent22

Should we ask for a review

Post by parent22 »

Our daughter got the results of her 11 plus today and she failed by 42 points.

It worked out that she was less than 10 percent under the pass rate. Her teachers had said previously that she has the ability to pass but they were worried about he nerves under pressure.

Does anyone know if 10 percent is a lot to fail by or not, I dont want to put my daughter through a review if she isnt up to it.

Thanks

Post by Guest »

Medway?
I'll be honest - I think 42 points would be considered quite a lot -I'm sorry - although... if there was good reason your child under-performed on the day then who knows. My advice would be to sleep on it - do something fun with your child tomorrow and then speak to the school on Monday and see what they think. You would need their support. Don't rush to make a decision this weekend.
Good luck.

Post by Guest »

How about if a child is 14 marks away? I thought I heard somewhere that they consider those less than 10 away, but other parents have said they have know chidlren with a difference of more than 20 to get through on appeal. Or does it all come down to how good your letter of review to the panel is?

Post by Guest »

Going for a review is entirely the parents decision and no-one can tell you you can't! My advice would be to research on the Appeals thread as much as possible and to get advice from school.
Good luck to everyone asking for a review. There are quite a lot of places kept for reviews so it's always worth trying for.
capers123

Post by capers123 »

Hi,

I don't know the Kent appeals system (despite my cousins children being at Grammars in Chatham/Rochester area).

If you were in Gloucestershire, my advice would be purely to ask yourself if there was a good reason that they didn't do well on the day. If there was, then appeal, and cross your fingers!

If the current school really, genuinely, honestly expected your child to pass, then it could be worth asking for as much support as they can give and appealing.
Capers
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now