SATs results

Key Stages 1-2 and SATs advice

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Brum Mum

SATs results

Post by Brum Mum »

Does anyone know when we will receive results from the tests in May?

Thanks
Guest55

Re: SATs results

Post by Guest55 »

Results in school today but they will want to check papers for borderline cases.
Brum Mum

Post by Brum Mum »

Guest55 wrote:Results in school today but they will want to check papers for borderline cases.
I thought it might be soon - thanks for that.
mumthree

Post by mumthree »

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is there any way to get more information other than the broad level that was achieved by the child in the test?
llol39

Post by llol39 »

Hi Guest55, are the actual papers returned to schools?

Thanks loll39
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Yes they are; schools need to check the marking. Our primary gave us DS's papers which was really helpful.

I have posted links to the question papers, mark schemes and thresholds on another thread.
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

Our school is refusing to give us more information other than the level. I'm sure we're entitled to know sublevels/scores? :?
Marylou
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Marylou wrote:Our school is refusing to give us more information other than the level. I'm sure we're entitled to know sublevels/scores? :?
I'm not sure about the legal position, but have they told you what their reasoning is? They will almost certainly have to pass that info on to your DC's secondary school, so I suppose if the primary is being really obstinate and you don't fancy fighting them, you could just wait and ask the new school. KS3 targets are normally +2 full levels so that should give the game away?

DS1's KS2 SATs were the year that most of the marking seemed to be up the creek; I don't remember being told anything except months later that he had got level 5's in everything and not being too bothered about sub-levels. DD was told sub-levels - 5a Maths and English, 5b Science - and was very proud of her 95% in Maths even though she didn't get the level 6. We have yet to find out what the school will tell us for DS2.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

This particular school (or rather, head) has always been a bit funny about letting out facts and figures other than in a very general sense. I remember when that wasn't the case, so fully intend to ask. We've supported our kids and their teachers through the last few years and kept our side of the bargain when it comes to education being a "partnership", so the least they could do is let us have all the information! :roll:
Marylou
salsa

Post by salsa »

Hi all,

I would definitely insist! If not, what about a Freedom of Information Request or if the information is kept in a computer system, which surely it is, then the Data Protection Act!
They would have to give you all information about your child including email communications!
Let us know how you get on!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now