applying to The Abbey Reading

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

aparent

applying to The Abbey Reading

Post by aparent »

I wonder if anybody has had experience of the above school. We applied to this school and they wrote and offered my dd an interview for thursday 15th the day before the kendrick exam. After discussion with my partner we decided to ask admissions to rearrange, Not too much to ask but when i phoned they were fairly rude and gave me the impression that if I couldn't be bothered to attend they had plenty of girls wanting admission and they couldn't be bothered to accommodate me9didnt even mention kendrick).In shock i didn't bother to ask them to refund my admission fee (£75)although i should have, but imagine my surprise when aweek later I got a very warm friendly phone call rearranging the date . Did I catch somebody on an off day or is it a reflection of the way things are done at the school.Why the difference in approach I even thought it was the same person

parent
rvas67

Abbey Behaviour

Post by rvas67 »

My dd studies in the school and we also changed the date last year when she was applying for the test. Had no issues similar to the one mentioned. they are usually very polite and generally honour such requests - like you mentioned it was probably a one off incident with someone who 'got up on the wrong side of the bed that morning'.
Wish you all the best.
aparent

abbey school

Post by aparent »

Thanks for your post rvas67

I think you are right- just a one off incident.

Also wondered how your daughter found the exams and what were they tested on- any info gratefully received

Thanking in anticipation aparent :)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now