Can't believe all the messing around this year!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Nimbus

Can't believe all the messing around this year!

Post by Nimbus »

Sorry to rant but I feel it has been so tough on any DC's that are taking the exam in September. All this chopping and changing has been so confusing for everyone. I'm not even sure which exam to sit DC for now-and not really sure where to start with the NVR. As for the Sale G exam, well who knows, but if those CEM books are anything to go by, I certainly don't think I'd pass if I did it now!
Vicster

Re: Can't believe all the messing around this year!

Post by Vicster »

CEM scores are always much much lower than GL type assessment scores. Most children will be looking at just over half the percentages that they get on GL if they start doing CEM.
I'm trying not to worry too much about the changes and consoling myself with the fact that we are all in the same boat.
busybee10

Post by busybee10 »

I'm lost with it. Just going to concentrate on GL over the summer and hope for the best. Feel quite angry about the whole thing though.
Altymumof2

Post by Altymumof2 »

busybee10 wrote:I'm lost with it. Just going to concentrate on GL over the summer and hope for the best. Feel quite angry about the whole thing though.
I do too- can't believe we are now having to cover NVR, a subject that won't be used again over English- ridiculous.
smiler10

Post by smiler10 »

Very tough, esp for those taking AGGS. I would imagine their will be lots of appeals!
topsyturvy

Post by topsyturvy »

I am revisiting after a long time.......can only say the positive side of doing NVR is that each question is also most equivalent to 4 marks in the total or getting 2 right in VR or 1.5 right on Maths.

Don't be disheartened...NVR is very important for scoring the final pass mark.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now