Gove moved in reshuffle

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

scary mum

Gove moved in reshuffle

Post by scary mum »

Praise be!

Replaced by Nicky Morgan, who I have never heard of.

Good, or business as usual?
scary mum
Amber

Re: Gove moved in reshuffle

Post by Amber »

I can't think it can do any good. I mean how can someone be a minister for one thing one day and for something else the next? It is such stupid system we have. It would be nice to see someone with a background in education having something to do with it. I have no faith in any of them, though will miss the ridiculous emissions of Liz Truss - who is now going to turn her enormous talents to the environment I see. Look out environment.

I love the BBC tagline under a picture of Morgan saying "Nicky Morgan looking happy outside number 10 after being promoted to education secretary". Enjoy that drink from a poison chalice, Ms Morgan, and let's see how happy you look in 18 months time.
Last edited by Amber on Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I know, it's pitiful. Nicky Morgan voted against same sex marriage, it's about the only thing I can find about her when I'm supposed to be working. Not very liberal, then. Oh, and she was a school governor for 8 years.

From the BBC:
Announcing Mr Gove's move to Chief Whip, normally a behind-the-scenes role, in charge of party discipline, Mr Cameron said on his Twitter feed that the former education secretary would have "an enhanced role in campaigning and doing broadcast media interviews".
Well, that will help them, won't it? :lol: :lol: :lol:
scary mum
Amber

Post by Amber »

Oh, well more experience than Gove then, who seemed to qualify on the grounds that he went to school once.

I see she is carrying on in her other role as equalities minister - I suppose Education isn't going to keep her busy enough.
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

I can't see it can be a bad move in any way, after all can anybody be worse? The one thing is that it won't be able to call it the Gove-rnment anymore. :-(
magwich2

Post by magwich2 »

I went off Gove when I read the column in the Daily Mail written by his ghastly wife where she said that they always had to go on holiday with another family so that their children had other people's children to play with as otherwise they were unbearable !!
This made a lot of things clear such as why he seems to think that we want a 20 hour school day and 2 weeks holiday per year!
Well, I have news for him - we have brought our children up better than that and we all enjoy each other's company and view most of the time spent at school as a penance.

I liked him to begin with but am glad he has gone.
Amber

Post by Amber »

I gather his children were starting to be bullied at school because of him - maybe that is a reason for his departure. Whatever one thinks of the man, it isn't his kids' fault who sired them. I don't understand this mania for reshuffling though - how on earth is the personality whose name appears on the sheet going to make any difference to the policies? It is supposed to be a democracy and the policies aren't meant to be dreamt up by one person in the bath on a Sunday night so technically it is better to keep someone in post who does actually understand what the aims are, even if the aims are dangerous, ill-informed and stupid - as in this case.

Why put someone totally new into the job at this stage of the game? Imagine if your own job worked like this - 'OK so I know that you have been working as a gastro-enterologist, but we thought maybe you could try your hand at the barrister role. And Miss Jones from accounts is going to take over your patient list.'
mystery

Post by mystery »

But that's just our political system isn't it? It's full of amateurs at all levels but some turn out be good at the role they're given and others don't.

I might be being short-sighted, but I don't really see what he has done that wasn't already in place in some shape or form, or already foreshadowed in other areas of public service. Has he done some huge, sweeping educational reform that I have missed? I am not being sarcastic - I could have missed it.
MSC

Michael Gove who is replaced by Nicky Morgan...

Post by MSC »

Latest news - Good riddance of education secretary Michael Gove who is replaced by Nicky Morgan?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 06776.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Mr Gove has introduced academies, free schools, changes to GCSE and A level ...

mystery he has forever damaged the education of millions of children and driven outstanding teachers out of the profession.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now