Marling pass rate

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Stressed?Moi?

Marling pass rate

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

Just wondering if the pass rate for Marling is lower or higher than Crypt please, or if it varies. Cheers.
stroudydad

Re: Marling pass rate

Post by stroudydad »

Pass rate or pass mark??
Stressed?Moi?

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

Ah, sorry. I meant pass mark.
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

Historically the pass mark was 216 for Marling and 107 for Crypt, so quite obviously not that comparable, anecdotally it used to be said that Crypt was the last to fill places but the last two years certainly I think there hasn't been much in it.

Obviously no one knows for the forthcoming year.
scaredycat

Post by scaredycat »

Dd's friend didn't qualify for Crypt (3 years ago) but did qualify for Marling. Had a score of 105, I think for Crypt.
Amber

Post by Amber »

When DS2 took the test a couple of years ago I had the impression Marling was a slightly lower pass mark than Crypt but it was hard to tell because as stroudydad says, the scores are given in different form. I do know that a comfortable pass for STRS equated to top 120 for Marling and a high pass for Crypt at that time. It depends on how 'desirable' the school is seen that year and on how many parents go for sharing all the scores, of course, but I reckon as stroudydad says there isn't much in it.
steppemum

Post by steppemum »

my impression is that Crypt became more popular last year because it got an ofsted outstanding (is that right?) Marling got an outstanding in the last year too, so that may change things
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

I get the impression at our school, which reflects our view anyway, that distance and accessibility comes into it between the Gloucester grammars. Many mums seem to say they like Crypt but that it's harder to get to than Tommys. Maybe that also affects the popularity of particular schools, no matter how good they are?
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

Hi Kismet, how can people think Crypt is harder to get to?? It's on the main road from north to south of the city? Trying to get to Tommies really is a pain..
Amber

Post by Amber »

stroudydad wrote:Hi Kismet, how can people think Crypt is harder to get to?? It's on the main road from north to south of the city? Trying to get to Tommies really is a pain..
Well it depends where you live, of course, stroudydad. For us the exact opposite is true - no way would we send a son to Crypt as it is just too difficult to get to; but Tommies is easy peasy.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now