IB

Discussion and advice on Sixth Form matters

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
neurotic kent mum

IB

Post by neurotic kent mum »

One of the great advantages to doing the IB is that the results come back so quickly. Hence on 7th July you can, if you are lucky and have the necessary points, relax and plan the future. We are in the happy situation of planning the future - and enjoying the sunshine.I found the site when my dd took the 11+ years ago and it has supported me through some difficult times - this is a happy time!
tonbridgemum

Re: IB

Post by tonbridgemum »

Well done NKM, pleased the results are in! Have to say I don't know much about the IB (know schools in our area are ditching A's for it though)
Would love to hear your thoughts about the course. It wouldn't have suited my now year 11 DS as he hates languages but next DS may fancy it.
How is it marked - and how come the results are so early?! :shock:
TM
neurotic kent mum

DD always wanted to do IB. University on visit at open talk said they valued it. And most importantly kept all options open so changing subjects was not an issue. DD really enjoyed the course, it worked well for her and kept options open. Next dc equally happily to do IB and wants to do medicine. But again keeps options open. So happy though - we lived through 11+ for so long - and great to realise how lucky we are that dd hard work combined with the excellence at school has enabled her to achieve. Language wasn't an issue and strangely for next dc who isn't keen on languages it isn't an issue as she says can just do new language!
IB finishes at the end of May or earlier and results early July. Actually been fairly stress free!
franticmum

Post by franticmum »

Its nice to hear a favourable comment about the IB for a change! Thanks for your feedback. Good luck to your DD for the future.
neurotic kent mum

It has actually been an easy journey. And we are so fortunate to know that the next stage has been reached already. The school has been excellent and the study of different subjects has enabled dd to keep all optins open. One dd on course had applied for engineering, realised it wasn't her chosen future and moved to humanties. Another moved from medicine to history ( after being selected for medicine by an excellent university) so it allows options. I am a convert and universities love it as it really ensures acadamic rigour in a range of subjects and helps for the future.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now