school admissions online

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
sem

school admissions online

Post by sem »

I received a letter this morning from Shire Hall stating that

" our records show that an application has not yet been received"

but I have already submitted an online application with my daughters choices of secondary school and had an email back to say "thankyou for your application" and saying changes can be made to this selection up until 07/12/2007

Has anyone else received a letter this morning? I will now have to go and hand deliver the form even though they prefer it to be done online.
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

I haven't received a letter although I have yet to send in my form! Maybe it's because my DS took the grammar school test and we are waiting for results before submitting?? I know the online application was down for a while due to problems,a bit worrying though if you have had an email to say they have received it!
guest87

Post by guest87 »

Yes, I also had a letter saying the same. I registered online and my daughter took the Grammar test. A friend who is in the same situation, also had a letter!

I shall contact Shire Hall on Monday to see what is going on with the online applications.

Doesn't instil must confidence does it!
AJ1

Re: school admissions online

Post by AJ1 »

Hi have also received a letter this morning. Like you have submitted on line application and received an e mail from them to confirm. My son also sat the grammar school test last Saturday but can't see why it would be anything to do with that. Just an error probably with the new system. Bit worrying though will ring them Monday to find out what's going on.

Post by Guest »

Thanks for all your replies. At least I know I'm not alone!
I have a feeling they will be inundated with phone calls on Monday morning!
Stroud Mum

Post by Stroud Mum »

I have been posting here under "problems with online admission form" where as you will see I have had some tech difficulties. When I got my "reminder" letter it said they are writing to all parents re 7th Dec deadline although some will be waiting for grammar results before completing the form. A word of warning though - admissions told me there can be a delay in getting the password you need to complete an online admission; it might be an idea to register for a password even if you aren't going to complete the form until after the 23rd.
sem

school admissions online

Post by sem »

Just wondering if anyone who also received this letter on Saturday phoned Shire Hall? If so, what did they say?

I have decided to hand my form in to Shire Hall instead!
AJ1

Re: school admissions online

Post by AJ1 »

yes I phoned them yesterday. They took my sons name and checked on the system for him. They had all the correct details and they said to just ignore the letter as it had been sent in error. Best to give them a ring just to make sure they have your correct details too.
sem

school admissions online

Post by sem »

I phoned today just in case. They checked all my daughters details and said the letter must have been sent in error.

It doesn't instil much confidence though does it? :?
Glos Mum

Post by Glos Mum »

I rang the admissions team this afternoon as I have submitted the online application and had received a letter chasing me up but they couldn't check because their computer system is "down". She checked the filing cabinet but said nothing was there which would either mean it had been dealt with or they hadn't received it. She is going to ring back tomorrow to confirm when the computer is working again. Like above, I agree it is worrying!