11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
SouthWiltsGrammer

Levels at end of Year Four?

Post by SouthWiltsGrammer »

Got my DC levels yesterday:

Reading 4a
Writing 4b
Maths 4c

She gone up a sub-level since spring for her Maths so I'm really pleased! I'm assuming her reading and writing levels are on track for 11 plus but should her maths be OK?
Sunshine 11

Re: Levels at end of Year Four?

Post by Sunshine 11 »

That's excellent we'll done. Wouldn't worry about the math that's well above average and you have another year to go ! :D
Sunshine 11
Que sera, sera
wonderwoman

Post by wonderwoman »

You really need to compare to end of KS1 assessment and whether expected progress has been made. And look forward at the moment a pupil is expected to make one level's progress every 2 years, so you'd expect your DC to get 5A, 5B and 5C at the end of Y6 from these scores.
I really wouldn't get too excited about what level your DC has achieved. What is more important is attitude to school etc.
SouthWiltsGrammer

wonderwoman wrote:You really need to compare to end of KS1 assessment and whether expected progress has been made. And look forward at the moment a pupil is expected to make one level's progress every 2 years, so you'd expect your DC to get 5A, 5B and 5C at the end of Y6 from these scores.
I really wouldn't get too excited about what level your DC has achieved. What is more important is attitude to school etc.
I wasn't really getting excited as such, I was looking for reassurance about maths!
She has an excellent attitude to school and is keen to work! X
SouthWiltsGrammer

Sunshine 11 wrote:That's excellent we'll done. Wouldn't worry about the math that's well above average and you have another year to go ! :D
Thank you so much for your encouragement Sunshine!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now