Sutton test

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
guests

Sutton test

Post by guests »

My son is sitting Sutton test on Saturday. The problem is the 20 minute piece of writing. 2 paragraphs (half an A4 ) is the most he says he can do. He seems to think this is okay (his laid back approach is beginning to agitate me) where as I can't see how it could be. I would really appreciate if anyone could enlighten me. Does the piece have to be fully finished or must it have a beginning middle and end? Help!
FedUpDad

Post by FedUpDad »

Having spoken to my son's school English teacher she thinks that you should aim from 3/4 of A4 page in 20mins. But she also said that marks are given for various things, for example, use of adjectives, clear beginning, middle, end etc. Not sure how Sutton GS would mark their test, but I can't see it being much different. Maybe half a page of good content and not many mistakes would be good enough.

Hope that helps.
gueste

sutton test

Post by gueste »

Thanks FedUpDad ,I,ll take this into account. The content of his work is quite good, so I'll try to take a leaf out of his book and relax a bit.
SD

Nonsuch high

Post by SD »

my daughter sat this morning found verbal paper very hard
maths was ok for nonsuch high school
any one out there,who sat this morning how did they find the test?
surreymother

Sutton test

Post by surreymother »

My son sat Sutton test today- he found the VR/english ok but the maths hard- anyone else?
guests

sutton test

Post by guests »

Yes my son said the maths was difficult also. He also said that the comprehension referred to Captain Scott as a (she) lady. This is really confusing as I can only think of Captain F Scott the man.

Re: Nonsuch high

Post by Guest »

SD wrote:my daughter sat this morning found verbal paper very hard
my girl feels the same. :?

Re: Nonsuch high

Post by Guest »

SD wrote:my daughter sat this morning found verbal paper very hard
Hi SD, did your daughter finished the sheets? My one left 6 behind.
SD

Post by SD »

3 Guessed & 6 left blank as not much time left

Post by Guest »

My son sat the Sutton today. He found Verbal reasong quite easy, Englisha nd Maths quite hard. He left a couple of English questions and one Maths question.

He is generally been quite good in Maths, but I see that some questions were harded. For example there was a question on speed - two people start at a distance of 32 Km and move towards each other at a speed of 3 km/hr and 13 km/hr. WHen do they meet up?