Last day ...

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
JamesDean

Last day ...

Post by JamesDean »

Just off to pick DS up from his primary for the last time. Then, as is traditional, we will be off to the park with his mates and pick up fish and chips on the way home :D

Anyone else have any last (very last) day rituals?

JD
confusedb50

Re: Last day ...

Post by confusedb50 »

Our DD' s school had a fab rounders game, bbq and then the waterfight last night, followed by trophies and special songs in church this morning. Excellent celebrations; now to look forward to the next stage of her school career at Shottery :)
Fatnorville

Post by Fatnorville »

Last day everything is very much '...meh..'.

Very last day, very much me in tears. Very special year 6, very special boy. Life will not be the same again.
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

Ours had a year 6 vs teachers rounders match with pizzas and waterfight on Thursday (36 nil then teachers gave up lol!) then yesterday they had a really upbeat leavers assembly, I was dreading it as it's usually a complete sentimental wash out, but this was lovely, funny, witty and hugely enjoyable. The we all went off to broadway for a picnic in the park and had a great time. So so much more fun as a last day than I had thought.
Glad it's all over now though, and at least with two in the same year I only had to go through it once this time!
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

Oh, and the boy heavy year 6 group all sat in a row facing us at the front of the leavers assembly, and were all given a dictionary by the school. What a lovely thing to do, but big mistake giving them before the end of the assembly, any guesses what all the boys spent the rest of the time doing as they sat there??
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Yamin151 wrote: any guesses what all the boys spent the rest of the time doing as they sat there??
ha ha can imagine !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

year 6 teacher at all girls school gave out packets of tissues.... they had been fine up until then!
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

hermanmunster wrote:year 6 teacher at all girls school gave out packets of tissues.... they had been fine up until then!
We had our leavers' assembly on Thurs, and tissues were provided for the Moms! Have to say a fair few Dads had 'something in their eyes' too :lol:

JD