Bucks Test 2013

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
ccl

Bucks Test 2013

Post by ccl »

Just wondered if we have info regarding the 2013 test especially regarding the vr section. What percentage was made up by reading comp, cloze, ant, syn, jumbled sentences, respectively? Timings?
I am aware that the test 2014 may be completely different.
There can't possibly be any late sitters left?!
Many thanks in advance
scary mum

Re: Bucks Test 2013

Post by scary mum »

I think they can sit until the end of July, but I may be wrong!
scary mum
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Don't bet on it ccl, some of us lead very chaotic lives :wink:
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Thank you scary mum you were right. I now need best advice on some quick CEM revision pointers to prepare him baring in mind the Bucks CEM is based on the British curriculum to Y5 and he hasn't been following it. Also it might work to our advantage that it is tutor proof what to you think? I need online stuff as won't have time to send for anything and I intend it to be low key as we have more than enough stress at the moment.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Tolstoy wrote:I need online stuff as won't have time to send for anything and I intend it to be low key as we have more than enough stress at the moment.
Sorted for you ...
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Blimey...still sitting in July! How on earth do they standardise the test as there won't be anything to compare age scores with? National figures would be wrong, as the test cohort consisted of far more children performing above academic average.
Obviously Tolstoy's boy has exceptional circumstances which must be very rare, but I cannot really see how taking the same test, after nearly a full academic year of year 6 curriculum, or even a term or two of year six learning, experiencing SATS tests, maturing mentally, etc etc can do anything other than put the child in a huge advantage position. That's without content leaks, format knowledge and timing details.
Does the parent have to show very exceptional circumstances for their child to sit late? E.g., proof f a permanent contracted job in the county and house move completed?
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

SB3 - I can assure you that the circumstances are unusual.
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

I said that her boys circs were unusual, but still interested in how they standardise these things?
kittymum

Post by kittymum »

Do they not standardise against the cohort our dc were part of?
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

I assume they probably do kittymum and if allowed to sit it (the criterea is strict SB3) I also assume he will be standardised for the age he is when he sits the test i.e 11years 1 month. There has to be a system in place for circumstances like ours, these are state schools we are talking about after all. Personally I can't imagine why anyone would chose to do this for anything other than extreme circumstances. Sitting late in any county means even if you get the required score there is a very limited number of places still available and as most appeal successes will also have been allocated places many schools will also be over subscribed.

I wouldn't wish this on anyone but my DS3 thankfully is remarkably positive about the whole thing.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now