Query about Essex 11+

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Silver29

Query about Essex 11+

Post by Silver29 »

Can anyone advise me whether the children taking the CSSE 11+ test are allowed to write on the question paper? My daughter likes to do this when working out codes. :?
gad

Post by gad »

my daughter says yes, she was allowed to.
bexley 2

Post by bexley 2 »

hi my school said we could only us a spare piece of paper and must not mark the question paper. I'm wondering how or why this is when the paper is no use to anyone else after this. I wonder where I can find out officially.

writing on the question paper

Post by Guest »

Hi there

Does anyone know if they are allowed to write on the Vr qu paper. My daughter really needs to be able to jot down :(

i hope someone knows..............

best wishes for all u kids out there for sat.......(and parents!)

thanks

Jo
Green Fingers

Post by Green Fingers »

My daughter sat the 11+ last year and said that she did jot down workings out on the paper. Hope this helps and good luck for Saturday!

Post by Guest »

Thank u green fingers!!

roll on sat............
Karen

Post by Karen »

Green Fingers wrote:My daughter sat the 11+ last year and said that she did jot down workings out on the paper. Hope this helps and good luck for Saturday!
Would this still apply for this year? Last year wasn't multiple choice in Essex so the answers were written on the same paper. This year, multiple choice has a separate answer sheet. I suggest you call CSSE for clarification.
Good luck all.
Bwinkie

Post by Bwinkie »

Looking at the example VR multiple choice paper from CSSE, it does say "Do not mark outside the boxes". I believe this is because it is marked by computer?

It also says in the instructions "You may do any rough working either in this booklet or on a separate sheet of spare paper, as instructed by the test administrator".
muso-tim

Post by muso-tim »

No, they aren't marked by computer. A team of markers do them the week after the exam in the school.
mum2007

Post by mum2007 »

That's interesting why do they say that it's marked by a computer then.