Trousers ..

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
diseyp

Trousers ..

Post by diseyp »

My son is 14 but tall and slim with long legs - last year he wore age 15/16 long M&S trousers (dark grey) - they are now too small so we need to buy new ones - M&S are all sold out online and in any case there doesn't seem to be anything above the size he had last year (apart from 34" waist which would be too big) - where else can I look ? .. Help please !!
scary mum

Re: Trousers ..

Post by scary mum »

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 39&t=38230" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Any help here?
scary mum
diseyp

Post by diseyp »

Excellent advice !! back to the net !! Thanks :)
DC17C

Post by DC17C »

Have a look at Next directory DS prefers their trousers to M&S and they wear very well.
Ally

Post by Ally »

Next Mens basic black trousers start at 26inch waist.
doodles

Post by doodles »

Skinny son gets Next and slightly "chunkier" son M&S.
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

John lewis do longer trousers in their school uniform section. He is now 32" 32 leg and 6 foot at the age of 14!
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Why are our kids all getting so very tall? Having done some research I worked out that a veggie diet could reduce their height by a tiny bit....1-5 cm. Not sure if that is going to happen. :? Dh used to really stand out from a crowd, now just a generation later he looks far more normal. The high protein diet seems to get the blame in most research papers I have read. Daft thing is, when you breed/feed puppies you have to be careful not to over feed them, if they eat too much high protein as pups and grow too quickly it can put too much strain on their growing bones, resulting in problems in later life. When I see quite a few kids, my nephew included, who are overweight they are overly tall for their age too....it goes hand in hand, I cannot help but think of puppy feeding advice on the back of every box of food.
Dh has bad knees, back, shoulders and posture and although he is incredibly healthy living, he has to watch his heart health as he is very tall and very broad shouldered, so weighs a lot, even though he has a 34" waist. (Under docs orders)
I wish I could wave a wand and stop them at five foot 11 and know they have a better chance of keeping themselves in tip top condition. I know genetics are not on our side, as even four generations back the men were tall, but not this tall? Where are we going wrong?
kittymum

Post by kittymum »

southbucks3 wrote:Why are our kids all getting so very tall?
They're not all getting tall :( You know how there's always one or two titchy boys in a year group at secondary - sadly I think my ds is destined to be one of them! His sister (2yrs 3mths younger) is set to overtake him in height soon ...
doodles

Post by doodles »

Please, please, I beg you all don't make me go suit shopping ever again!!!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now