Missed registration date

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
JD7

Missed registration date

Post by JD7 »

Please help if you can -- We have missed the registration date. Is there any way we can appeal to the authority to allow a late registration.
DC17C

Re: Missed registration date

Post by DC17C »

http://www.pates.gloucs.sch.uk/pate-s-g ... sions-7-11" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I don't know if you have seen this: scroll down to the bottom and it mentions in year tests. You may have to contact the schools directly to get their response. With the test being earlier this year they have had to get all the admin done before the school holidays. Some staff may be around some of the time in the holidays. I have had a reply to an email I have sent to the head's PA at Crypt.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Have you contacted the LEA? I am not 100% but think you may be allowed to register and sit the test but you would be classed as a LATE applicant - this means that all those who are "on time" get considered first, so you would have to score extra well to get a place.

For example, Warks county council states: Late Registration

Late registration for the test, or a late secondary school application, means that if your child achieves the qualifying score they are not likely to be offered a grammar school place on 2nd March 2015. Children will be placed on the waiting lists of schools they have applied for only if they have achieved the relevant minimum waiting list score...

Maybe Gloucester says something similar?
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Have you rung the LEA? Gloucestershire doesn't have a pass mark as such and you will require different scores depending on the school. I think DC would be ineligible for the first round of admissions and most schools will be full at that point. However in the second round free places will be available and they go to pupils on waiting lists. You need to find out if DC can sit the test and be considered in the second round of applications. Even after that places do become available at most if not all of the schools and are offered to the waiting list.

If your DC can get on it then it will be down to how highly they scored. If you have a genuine reason for missing the deadline maybe they will allow it.

Ring pronto.
Sunshine 11

Post by Sunshine 11 »

I don't think you'll have much luck, they are very strict.

I think you will have to put down your preferred comp and start there and then think about in year admissions at the end of Y7.

Bad luck ! I think primary schools should have been more pro-active ensuring all parents knew about it. We live and learn.
Sunshine 11
Que sera, sera
DC17C

Post by DC17C »

I think they will be able to do something before the end of y7 from reading this which is at the bottom of the link I placed above:

In Year Admissions 7-9

Children who have not sat the Gloucestershire Grammar School Entrance test can request an In Year test for a place on the waiting list. Please complete the attached form and return to admissions@patesgs.org .

Please click here for In Year Admissions form

Not ideal but something and may well have to get advice from the LEA about what to do with the CAF.
JD7

Post by JD7 »

Thank you very much, all of you for your replies. I have made enquiries and it does seem very strict. I think we will have to go down the route of a late entry and keep our fingers crossed....and yes, we do live and learn - experience is an expensive teacher!
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

.... as a late entry just remember places do become available, even in September there will be no shows in schools. So if your DC gets the scores needed then they may get a place.

all the best, Tolstoy
JD7

Post by JD7 »

Thanks very much.
Mum66

Post by Mum66 »

There is a late test (not sure when, Feb/March?) - a friend invigilated one a year or two ago. You will need to contact the School though as the LEA are not involved in the testing. It might be September before you can get hold of anyone though - hope you get the answers you need.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now