How long for each maths question in the Kent test?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mystery

How long for each maths question in the Kent test?

Post by mystery »

Am I right that in the GL Kent test up until September 2013 there were 50 questions to do in 60 minutes?

But in the GL assessment familiarisation papers for maths there are 50 questions to do in 50 minutes?

Is this right that Kent was more generous with time than the GL familiarisation papers?

When people quote their children's marks on here for GL practice maths papers which timing are they referring to?
fatbananas

Re: How long for each maths question in the Kent test?

Post by fatbananas »

Wow, really? I think DS has only once done the paper in the GL papers 50 questions in 50 minutes time ....
Seize the day ... before it seizes you.
dartmum2

Post by dartmum2 »

My daughter can't remember if it was 50 or 60 minutes last year, but she said that the questions got tricky very early on in the paper and you had to work very quickly to have any chance of finishing all 50 questions (she didn't finish it).

Sorry I can't be of any more help.
salsa

Post by salsa »

Hi, the test itself was 1 hour for 50 questions.
mystery

Post by mystery »

Thank you for confirming that Salsa. I wonder why Kent gives more time per question than the gl familiarisation papers.

Think I will continue aiming for the familiarisation paper timings. Bit faster on the vr too as more questions in 50 minutes in the fam papers than in the Kent test.

All very quiet here in Kent. Is everyone pretending they are doing nothing at all so that Kent won't change the paper again?
Kentishmaid

Post by Kentishmaid »

That could be a good idea!
Kentishmaid

Post by Kentishmaid »

BTW I always thought they got an extra 10 min so that the marks at the top end are less likely to be skewed by lucky guesses - the last few questions often seem to be the hardest.
deepti

Post by deepti »

Hardly a min for each question . 25 to 30 q's to answer within 25 to 30 min. It seems each section has around 30 q's.
mystery

Post by mystery »

Hi deepti, are you talking about the new test? Maths? How do you know how many questions and that for maths it is now barely a minute per question.
fatbananas

Post by fatbananas »

deepti wrote:Hardly a min for each question . 25 to 30 q's to answer within 25 to 30 min. It seems each section has around 30 q's.
Do you mean each section of the Kent Test, Deepti? Not just the maths? Did someone at KCC tell you this?
Seize the day ... before it seizes you.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now