GL pack1, pack 2 scores

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
berks_mum

GL pack1, pack 2 scores

Post by berks_mum »

Are GL paper harder than others (Bond, Letts, Athey) ? Are they similar to CGP and Bond CEM in terms of difficulty level?
As a rough estimation, what scores should I be looking at for selectives and superselectives ?
TigerMum

Re: GL pack1, pack 2 scores

Post by TigerMum »

DCs say that GL papers were the hardest of all that they did (Bond, CGP, Letts inc.) They were scoring mid 90% in GL towards the actual exam for Kendrick, which they got into. I have no idea about scores for other schools unfortunately. I hope that helps.
Last edited by TigerMum on Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
VH73

Post by VH73 »

According to my son, GL is harder than anything. Your DC should score around 90 for superselectives, I believe.
sonasona

Post by sonasona »

High 90s in GL VR/NVR/Maths....English can be a bit wobbly if she can't be bothered reading the text properly otherwise 90% is achievable there too.

Bond CEM is a bit tricky but no worries with any other commercial papers out there.
parent2013

Post by parent2013 »

VH73 wrote:According to my son, GL is harder than anything. Your DC should score around 90 for superselectives, I believe.
Anything above 85% (in first attempt) is good however that does not guarantee sure success - one must have the nerves and focus on the exam day. The new ambience + unfamiliar faces could bring down the scores when compared to doing the same paper at home.
berks_mum

Post by berks_mum »

sonasona wrote:High 90s in GL VR/NVR/Maths....English can be a bit wobbly if she can't be bothered reading the text properly otherwise 90% is achievable there too.

Bond CEM is a bit tricky but no worries with any other commercial papers out there.
Wow high 90s is impressive. With scores like that you may be very relaxed.
DD is nowhere near that for GL pack1. She has just finished pack1 and only in VR she is over 90%. Maths/Nvr is in 80s and English from 75 to 85% so far.
berks_mum

Post by berks_mum »

parent2013 wrote:
VH73 wrote:According to my son, GL is harder than anything. Your DC should score around 90 for superselectives, I believe.
Anything above 85% (in first attempt) is good however that does not guarantee sure success - one must have the nerves and focus on the exam day. The new ambience + unfamiliar faces could bring down the scores when compared to doing the same paper at home.
Completely agree. What they do on the day is most important.
I noticed scores vary from 60% to98% depending on the difficulty level of the paper so it is difficult to get any consistency level.
berks_mum

Post by berks_mum »

DO GL tests increase in level of difficulty? Is pack2 harder than pack 1.
I saw the comprehension in one of the pack2 tests and I thought it was hard. Is the actual test harder than the practice packs ?
VH73

Post by VH73 »

They say it is.
wildwest

Post by wildwest »

when I tried to toil through all the posts to understand GL/NFER/Letts, I read that the recommended order to tackle the packs is from 11D (that would be pack 4) to 11A (pack 1) with Pack 1 (11A) being the hardest...