Bucks familiarisation pack

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

MamaBear

Bucks familiarisation pack

Post by MamaBear »

Hi, last year we got the pack through the post for ds1. However this year everything has been done electronically, I cant see the link for the familiarisation test though.

Did anyone else get it for this year
And is it the same as last year

Many thanks
patricia

Re: Bucks familiarisation pack

Post by patricia »

http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/media/1303024 ... -14513.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yes it is the same.

Patricia
MamaBear

Post by MamaBear »

Thank you Patricia!
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

It also seems to be the same as that issued for other LAs ...
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

I notice in the familiarisation there are no mixed up sentances. We have just done some on a Bond practice and I can't see how they lend themselves to multiple choice.

DS3 is fine with them, so would be great if they are in the test, however he has dysgraphia so his writing can often be difficult to read not helped by how he now writes some letters in the French way. As it is we are still trying to iron out his french v british numerials :roll:
SingleDad

Post by SingleDad »

Tolstoy wrote:I notice in the familiarisation there are no mixed up sentances. We have just done some on a Bond practice and I can't see how they lend themselves to multiple choice.

DS3 is fine with them, so would be great if they are in the test, however he has dysgraphia so his writing can often be difficult to read not helped by how he now writes some letters in the French way. As it is we are still trying to iron out his french v british numerials :roll:
Hi

The mixed up sentences are adapted to multiple choice by adding an extra word that needs to be removed. So you'd need to mentally rearrange the words in the sentence, find the superfluous word and select that word from the multiple choice.
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Thank you for that Singledad.