2 days and counting.....

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
DW

2 days and counting.....

Post by DW »

Hard to believe that the long prepared for 11+ is now only 2 days away. The whole thing seems a bit surreal now.

What are you all planning to do with your children tomorrow evening ahead of the exam? My plan is to take my daughter to her swimming lesson as usual after school then prepare her favourite tea and sit down and watch a film before packing her off to bed for (hopefully!) a good nights sleep. It's going to very hard resisting the urge to cram last minute information into her though. She already thinks her head is going to explode!!

The best of luck to everyone
mum2007

Post by mum2007 »

DW, i was thinking the same as you as it's too late to practice now and all the children will need a good night's sleep.

Not unless unexpected guest's arrive at my door!!which usually happens before a big day.

Good luck to all the children taking the test on Saturday!!
Silver29

Post by Silver29 »

I can't believe the countdown is nearly over. I am not going to do any more work with my daughter. It's all about maintaining her confidence now.

Good luck to all of your children. :D
Bwinkie

Post by Bwinkie »

Sooo looking forward to Saturday lunchtime when it will all be over.

Said to my son this evening "In a month's time it will be your birthday!" He just went "Ummm" :shock: Hopefully he will be a little more excited in a couple of days.
GillyGillyOxenPepper

Post by GillyGillyOxenPepper »

Like the other posts, I am going down the route of no more work - DVD this evening and tomorrow as well. More important to keep confidence high if poss.

Just hoping he gets to sleep nicely tomorrow night - we have to be up early Saturday.

Lots of luck to everyone.
Perplexed

Post by Perplexed »

My daughter is at home all day tomorrow as her class are dropping like flies! They all have either flu or a tummy bug.

Mine was off last Friday with a bad sore throat and then woke this morning with an upset tummy. On top of all this, she has tendonitus and a ganglion on her right hand which has been very painful this week.

She is feeling much better this evening, but we're not taking any chances, so a day in the warm, probably with a DVD too! As the eldest of 3, mummy time curled up on the sofa is a rarity, so I'm just going to spoil her tomorrow and make sure she gets some rest.

Good Luck to everyone and especially hope all those in her class at school are well for Saturday!

Best Wishes

P

Post by Guest »

Yes, hard to believe it's nearly time. I am so nevous I could cry! - what a lot of pressure for our precious 10/11 year olds especially as the places are so few. In the old days if you passed you got in, if not, you went to the comp. I feel so sorry for all the children that pass but not at a high enough mark to get into the school of their choice. They have all worked so hard and as parents, so have we - and spent many an anxious moment and sleepless night on their behalf! Tonight we are going to have a last minute pep talk and then bath, lots of cuddles and early night. Good luck all
Bwinkie

Post by Bwinkie »

Almost nightmare come true.

My son has suffered with a neck problem since he was born. Had a phone call from his School about an hour ago to say he had hurt his neck playing at lunchtime. Noooooo .....

Fortunately, we are only a couple of mins walk away so nipped round and did some physio but his neck still wasn't right. Found out all they were doing this afternoon was rehearsing the Christmas Play and as my son is in the orchestra all he'd be sitting watching. So, with the school's permission, he has come home to chill.

Just hope and pray it doesn't get any worse overnight ....
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

Good luck to all of you whose children are sitting this weekend.

My daughter sat her 11+ at the beginning of the month and I wondered what to do the night before. We did exactly as DW has planned, swimming straight from school Friday, followed by nice dinner and film before bed. NO going over ANYTHING. However she woke in the night as her head was full to bursting with everything! After a 2am cup of hot chocolate finally went back to sleep...

The next day she came out the exam saying her head felt completely empty, I said good maybe its all in the exam papers!

The results came in the post last Saturday and it was good news! I wish you all GOOD LUCK. Let us know how they get on. :D
KM

Post by KM »

My daughter has been to gymnastics as she normally does on a Friday night. It is a three hour session so hopefully it will have tired her out so that she sleeps well tonight! She is not doing the exam until the afternoon so she can have a lie-in in the morning. Hope your son is ok for tomorrow Binkie. Good luck to everyone!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now