Warrington Bus Service - No 5 and No 38.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
workerbee

Warrington Bus Service - No 5 and No 38.

Post by workerbee »

There is a strong rumour that the No 38 Bus is stopping. Given that the Girls usually jump on this bus and the boys take the No 5, it would seem at face value to be a problem for the girls along the route. However, as the remaining bus on service (No 5) is likely to get busier it will impact on all parents whose children travel from either Warrington, Thelwall, Lymm and then Warburton into Altrincham. From what I can tell the early morning bus gets them to school way too early, and the later bus about 5 minutes late - a masterclass of scheduling or perhaps the authorities want to punish us for sending our kids out of borough to be educated.

The solution would be to delay the first bus by 10 minutes and bring forward the later bus by 5 mins. This would help both in terms of capacity and timing...

Anyone who sees the problem here and is affected needs to contact Network Warrington/Council/Councillors/MP's etc and make the point.

It seems we are destined to have a Multi Billion pound HS2 running through our community, but no bus service which we can use to transport our kids to school. Is it just me or have we lost track of what's important here.

With a general election coming up I am sure the local MP won't need to much reminding how issues like this directly affect how people vote.
Elijo

Re: Warrington Bus Service - No 5 and No 38.

Post by Elijo »

Well said, my daughter is affected by this. I will put my opinion across!
Elijo

Post by Elijo »

I have written to the local MP. He had replied that he is looking into this. I know quite a few girls are going from the Lymm area next year who will be affected by this.
workerbee

Post by workerbee »

Fantastic, thats great. We have contacted the Parish council, who have informed us that Cllr Ian Marks is looking into this debacle. Our rough figures suggest that upwards of 30 girls are likely to be affected by this within all ages categories and thats excluding the boys, some of whom might have travelled on the 38.

Might be worth googling him he's based in Lymm and adding some more weight to his deliberations. As it stands a lot of parents will be getting calls next year as the Number 5 bus fills up and then ultimately drives past bus stops with both girls and boys left stranded.
Tabbycat1995

Post by Tabbycat1995 »

The new timetables have been posted and #37 and #38 are no longer running. In truth, it was a poor service, but now creates a potential problem re over crowding on #5.

I know that some parents have expressed concerns and said that #5 leaving Lymm @8am gets to Altrincham too late sometimes. According to the new timetable, this service is scheduled to be at Lymm Cross at 7:57 and will not run via Warburton Village but via Bent Lane. Is this any different from the scheduling and route of the service last academic year? Just wondering whether views and concerns of parents had been taken into account or not. Thanks Tabby
Tabbycat1995

Post by Tabbycat1995 »

I note that there were problems with the #5 bus service this week in part due to the roadworks on Ashley Road and capacity issues since girls from AGGS now need to use the service and children were left at bus stops on the Firs and Langham Road on Wednesday as the bus was full after picking up at AGGS. My DS was lucky as he did get a space on the first bus.

My DS was given a flyer on the bus yesterday and I am pleased that Warrington Transport are responding by running two additional journeys on school days

07:39 Pilling Gardens- Altrincham

15:41 Altrincham (Ashley Road, fairbank House) - Warrington

I am not sure when the roadworks on Ashley Road are due to finish and I wonder what will happen to the 15:41 if they haven't finished.

My DS will be taking the #5 so I hope that these additional services are going to make a difference and there will be no repeat of Wednesday afternoon and children forced to wait for the next #5 service to Warrington.

Tabby
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now