round 1 verbal reasoning hbs help pls

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
blue lagoon

round 1 verbal reasoning hbs help pls

Post by blue lagoon »

my DD is giving HBS and Latymer.Is there any point in doing normal papers for verbal or better to concentrate on synonyms and antonyms .please advice as panicking :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
tiffinboys

Re: round 1 verbal reasoning bbs help pls

Post by tiffinboys »

HBS parents can probably give better reply; but as far as I understand CEM VR is mainly English and is much more than just synonyms and antonyms. IPS/GL type VR papers are very different to CEM style VR.

There is a very useful sticky post in Bucks section by Patricia.
Daogroupie

Re: round 1 verbal reasoning hbs help pls

Post by Daogroupie »

Allll over London hundreds of students are attending CEM mocks. I have been told by parents who have attended that a lot of the parents know each other quite well now so have obviously been sending their students many times. HBS are just using CEM to get the numbers of English and Maths papers they have to mark down so it would be a real shame to fall at this hurdle. It is very important that your dd can respond to the format so I would suggest you send her to some CEM mocks and get some CEM books. The students I know who sat HBS last year said there were lots of CLoze passages as well as a and s so vocab is really the key. DG