CEM/Cloze?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
crazydaisy

CEM/Cloze?

Post by crazydaisy »

I am so confused! DD is taking Bexley and Newstead entrance next month (eek) and we've been working hard- but I have no idea if we need to do Cloze or CEM practice for these, and have just frightened myself by looking at all the practice books on these- which we haven't got! Should I order them and do a bit- but with limited time I don't want to start something new we won't need. Advice please!
ontarget

Re: CEM/Cloze?

Post by ontarget »

Yes, you need CEM and cloze for Bexley.
Get some of the books - CGP etc

I don't know what Newstead do. I think they do their own, but someone else will know more about that and may be able to advise.
crazydaisy

Post by crazydaisy »

Thanks! Will get on to it. Are CEM and Cloze two different types of question? We've got the CGP books already and have covered some IPS and Bond. Does this still leave gaps? Blimey, I think I need a curriculum for this..
ontarget

Post by ontarget »

CEM exams are the ones used in Bexley. They cover VR (which is English i.e. synonyms, antonyms, cloze, comprehension and possibly jumbled sentences), numerical reasoning (maths) and NVR.

Cloze is just sentences or passages which have words missing or words which have some letters missing.

CGP have specific CEM 11+ books that cover it all.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now