AGS Uniform (again)...sorry

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Brum Mum

AGS Uniform (again)...sorry

Post by Brum Mum »

Hi everyone,

I've just gone to the AGS website and they've upgraded it, but there's now no uniform list - and the hard copy that I had appears to have gone for a walk.

I just wanted to do a double check and recheck what the requirement was for rugby boots - can anyone help?

Thanks very much

BM
serendippyty

Re: AGS Uniform (again)...sorry

Post by serendippyty »

yes they need rugby boots x
Brum Mum

Post by Brum Mum »

serendippyty wrote:yes they need rugby boots x
Thanks Serendippyty - apologies, rugby novice here - should they have studs or blades (or does it not matter)?

Thanks again
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

Not AGS, but KES say rugby boots with safety studs. After much investigation, I believe this means the metal studs (which look vicious!) and not the half plastic ones you get on football boots :?

Does that help? SD didn't have much choice in rugby boots, but I managed to I get him a fairly cheap and cheerful pair which are black, red and white and would match the AGS kit perfectly :)

JD
Brum Mum

Post by Brum Mum »

JamesDean wrote:Not AGS, but KES say rugby boots with safety studs. After much investigation, I believe this means the metal studs (which look vicious!) and not the half plastic ones you get on football boots :?

Does that help? SD didn't have much choice in rugby boots, but I managed to I get him a fairly cheap and cheerful pair which are black, red and white and would match the AGS kit perfectly :)

JD
Hey JD - hope you and DS are good?

I thought that I had read that they needed to be studs rather than blades - and that makes sense.

I'll be popping to SD also - still can't beleive that the PE kit is predominantly white - think I shall be spending some time in the 'whites' thread for some tips! :D
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Definitely, definitely, definitely not blades please!! a) any self respecting referee would pack your son back off into the changing room before a match even started and b) if the referee was amiss, they are really dangerous in scrums/tackles - have seen a boy go off in an ambulance with a sliced leg from a blade that had split leaving a sharp plastic edge. This can happen in football too, but is more likely in rugby due to the contact nature and tackles where head and feet clash!

Rugby studs can be worn for football not the other way round. The main differences are that there is a different configuration - ie more studs - (due to needing more grip in the scrum) and that rugby studs are all metal (football boots sometimes have part plastic studs, including sometimes the screw in bit is plastic).
Brum Mum

Post by Brum Mum »

That's really helpful thanks KCG!
serendippyty

Post by serendippyty »

doh sorry!
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

Brum Mum wrote:Hey JD - hope you and DS are good?
We're good thanks - hope you are too? Can't believe we're almost at the beginning of term! I am currently sewing name labels into everything - last minute merchant me, must be where DS gets it from :)

We have a rugby training session tomorrow morning, so am off to boil a mouth guard next - DS's final baby tooth fell out last week, hooray! :lol:

JD
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

JamesDean wrote:
Brum Mum wrote:Hey JD - hope you and DS are good?
We're good thanks - hope you are too? Can't believe we're almost at the beginning of term! I am currently sewing name labels into everything - last minute merchant me, must be where DS gets it from :)

We have a rugby training session tomorrow morning, so am off to boil a mouth guard next - DS's final baby tooth fell out last week, hooray! :lol:

JD
JD, what are they wearing for the rugby? Is is school rugby uniform or just own sports kit?