PLS HELP

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
rionatheprincess

PLS HELP

Post by rionatheprincess »

MY DAUGHTER WILL START HER YEAR 4 FROM SEPTEMBER.SO I WANT TO START NON VERBAL REASONING. I BOUGHT BOND BOOK 8-9 YEARS.AFTER DOING FEW PAGES SHE IS STRUGGLING. CAN ANYONE PLS HELP ME AND LET ME KNOW HOW I NEED TO START AND MAKE HER UNDERSTAND. ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED.SHE WILL SIT FOR ALTRINHAM GIRLS AND SALE GRAMMAR
SSZZF

Re: PLS HELP

Post by SSZZF »

Hi
I noticed you've not had a reply.
I'm starting my twins who are in year 4 in September.
I always start with the 7-8 books in all topics then work our way through the age ranges. We found this builds confidence and gives practice in the question formats.
Hope this helps!
yunny

Post by yunny »

I would start with the age 7-8, however, if your dd has never ever done any nvr then I would start her on the 6-7, this would gently introduce her to nvr, once she's grasp the concept and understanding u could slowly move up on the books. Hth :)
Oshosh

Post by Oshosh »

Hello, just saw this post.

Apart what other have said, pls be wary the format and type of exam might change by the time your DD takes the entrance exam. Sale has already changed their exam. Consultation is going on for alty schools. Just my two pence worth....

I would also concentrate on core things- like reading wide range of books, timetable speed, spelling ,maths puzzels,as well as some fun things like crosswords and word search..etc.

I hope this helps.

A kind suggestion, it will helpful if you do not use caps lock while typing- it appears as if you are shouting for help. Help is always given when you ask politley :D
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now