Failed by 2 marks !

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Suesole

Failed by 2 marks !

Post by Suesole »

Hi

My son is ooc and failed by 2 marks he got 119. What are his chances if we appeal ? Our first choice is Burham Grammar School. Still awaiting results for Berks 11+ which is due 7th December..... Sue
Tom's mum

Post by Tom's mum »

Go for appeal - very good chance if last year is anything to go by.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Depends on predicted KS2 Levels, HT recommendation and the other score - that needs to be close too.
duffymoon

Post by duffymoon »

sorry for you and your son. he was so close. definitely go for appeal. good luck with the next set of results.

Post by Guest »

Hi

Thanks guest 55 His teacher advised at parent's evening he is achieving high level 5 in maths and thanks Duffymoon. How did your child do ?

Sue

Post by Guest »

he got through with 124.
Suesole

Post by Suesole »

Sorry that was me on guest above. Guest 55 other score was 116. Is that close enough do you think ?

I don't think I can stand other wait I hope he has passed Berks as the pass mark for this is 111+ and if that the case he should get though that !

All very well done and congrats to you all. Everyone has worked so hard they all deserve a break... This for another glass of wine I think !!!
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Suesole,

You should lodge an appeal - the two scores are both quite close - read the 'sticky' in the appeals section.

Go and see the HT as soon as possible - it takes time to get the stuff together but you can submit the form and send the details later. I think you have to get the form in within two weeks or so.

Stick around and we'll help.

Post by Guest »

Hi Suesole, If i remember your recent posts i believe your son goes to Cippenham Junior? My son 'didnt qualify' 2 years ago - he also went to CJS. He was predicted 131 - 141 and actually scored 108 and 116 (if my memory serves me well). We appealed and CJS supported us all the way - i know the head has changed recently (heard nothing but good reports) but the school, i believe supports a selective education. My son was predicted level 5's and had high CAT scores or NT scores (not sure what you call them). We were successful at appeal and he is currently in Year 8 at Burnham and loving it. Please make an appointment with the Head on Monday and let them help in any way they can. If you have any questions i am willing to try to answer them from my personal experience although i do appreciate that every appeal and case is individual.

Sue
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Suesole

I am so sorry to hear that your son didn't quite make the 121 mark.

However, both his marks are within the recognised "appeal zone" of 116- 120, and one of them is very close, so I think you should go for an Appeal.

Your first preference is Burnham Grammar, and the basic Bucks appeal documents need to be submitted within 14 days of the result, i.e. 7th December. That is the same day as the Berks results - who designed this system? :roll: So you should apply for a Bucks appeal hearing in the meantime.

You may be able to avoid doing too much paperwork for the Bucks appeal ahead of the Berks results, and that will take some of the stress out of the situation for you.

This is going to be a trying couple of weeks Sue, but we will all guide you through it and help you in any way that we can.

In the meantime, enjoy that glass of wine, and either post back on "Appeals" or PM me.

My best wishes to you and your son.

Sally-Anne
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now