Reasoning Paper

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

PurpleDog

Reasoning Paper

Post by PurpleDog »

Does anyone know or have a hunch on the weighting of the reasoning paper between Verbal, Non-verbal and Spatial?

Based on the information in the familiarisation booklet, my hunch would be that Verbal reasoning will be 50% of the marks, Non-verbal 30% and Spatial 20%.

Does anyone have any better information or alternative thoughts?
fatbananas

Re: Reasoning Paper

Post by fatbananas »

Hi Purple Dog,

If you look at this thread below, pages 5 and 6, KCC have told parents they haven't decided how the papers will be marked/ percentages awarded etc :roll:

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 4&start=40
Seize the day ... before it seizes you.
scarlett

Re: Reasoning Paper

Post by scarlett »

Oh I missed that last part on that thread. Thanks Bananas....must make sure I check in daily from now on :D I was thinking about this the other day, when I read that NVR is good for those children who don't have english as a first language . It would be great if there was just one mark per paper, but I can't imagine that will happen really . Wouldn't that mean a lot more children would actually pass ? I think you can go round in circles and at this late stage I'm just making sure we have completed all the papers, there don't seem to be any glaring big gaps and that I just boost dd confidence. I had a look at my two ds scores from 2010 and 2012 and ds2 scored 56 % ( 126 ) in his NVR mainly because I didn't really go over the stopping and starting and he panicked , wrote the lines in the wrong boxes and then spent a big chunk of time rubbing it all out, so not completing a lot of questions. It's worth making sure they are ok with that .
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now