Guesses at how many testing next weekend?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Tiomanisland

Guesses at how many testing next weekend?

Post by Tiomanisland »

Have no idea about this but maybe someone else does/has experience of numbers from previous years.

"How many do you think are taking Glos. grammar entrance exams next Saturday?"

I will get the ball rolling.

I think approx. 2250 over the 7 schools.

Am I way off !!? :oops:
MedievalBabe

Re: Guesses at how many testing next weekend?

Post by MedievalBabe »

I don't think you are far off, I would go with approx 300 per school so 2100.
Cup of tea

Post by Cup of tea »

I think it is going to be closer to 3000 :shock:
Stressed?Moi?

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

For info, there will be "approximately 270" pupils at STR according to their letter.
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

The exact details of the 2011 test(2012 entry)

"For those who like statistics: 2,035 registered to take the tests on time. This resulted in 5,435 requests to share. 5,206 results were sent out at the weekend. Of these just 84 were sent out by letter and 5,122 were sent by email. The difference in numbers between the number of requests to share and the number of results is explained by the number of children who did not sit the tests either on Saturday 8th October or Thursday 13th October 2011. In some cases the applications were withdrawn, in others they just did not show up on the day and no explanation was given."

Pates stated in a newsletter that nearly 500 sat there.
MedievalBabe

Post by MedievalBabe »

I think Pates will have the highest number of sitters, especially as it is seen as a socially acceptable school to those coming from the Independent sector and so it's where parents would prefer their children to sit. Also for those in Gloucester the numbers can be split between 4 schools where as in Cheltenham there is only 1 school.

I have to say DD is sitting it at Pates as it is close enough to walk and so a group of parents are collecting children on route and they are all walking up together and as I have to be at work myself for just after 8.30 it makes our lives much easier.
Stressed?Moi?

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

Good plan.

Although closer we are avoiding Pates as I've heard the drop off/collection is a nightmare as there are just so many kids.
Flash

Post by Flash »

Dd sat the test at Pates last year and we parked in a side road nearby and had a 5-10 minute walk. It was very well organised and we had no problem picking up either.

There was a lot of traffic trying to get close to the school but we parked before we got stuck in it.

Good luck with the test everyone!
Amber

Post by Amber »

Stressed?Moi? wrote:Good plan.

Although closer we are avoiding Pates as I've heard the drop off/collection is a nightmare as there are just so many kids.
We did that 3 years ago now ( :shock: gosh my life is going by too quickly) - we live nearer to Pates too but DS changed his mind at the last minute and decided he wanted to sit at STR. The only traffic problems we encountered on the day were parents dropping off at Pates doing crazy 3 point turns down PEW and the entrance to Oldbury Road was totally snarled up. We parked about 2 mins from STR and had no issues at all. That year it certainly looked like Pates had more sitters than STR but it's hard to judge from the traffic as PEW is so busy anyway and Longlevens isn't.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now