out of county placement

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
keya

out of county placement

Post by keya »

hi all
my daughter has got 141. we applied for burnham grammer school. as we live in hounslow borough we don't know we will be offer or not.

Post by Guest »

WOW, Congrats to your daughter. As ive just posted elsewhere historically ALL children who passed or got through on appeal in the past few years got places at Burnham. My son has a child in his year (8) who also commutes from Hounslow so i see no reason why you wont get a place. Also in year 8 this year there were approximately 20 children who joined in Year 8 who passed the 12+. My son is loving every minute of Burnham despite its not so good reputation.

Celebrate and congrats to you both

Sue
keya

Post by keya »

hi sue
thanks for the reply

got some peace of mind
GUEST1

Grammar schools near Milton Keynes

Post by GUEST1 »

Hi.,

We would like to move to Milton Keynes. Which grammar schools take intake ot Milton Keynes Kids. My son passed exam. I am not aware of the process for out of county kids?

Your information is welcome.

Thanks and regards,
guest1
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Guest1,

which did you name on your CAF?
guest1

CAF

Post by guest1 »

Hi guest55,

I put royal latin grammar school,bukingham.

advise please.

Thanks and regards,
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

You need to be to the west of MK - the distance for RLS was about 11 miles - in the admissions booklet it says:

Information on 2007 entry allocation:
All catchment children offered, out-area siblings and some other out-area children to a distance of 11.54 miles.

You may have more chance at Aylesbury schools.

Post by Guest »

Does anyone know if there's any chance of getting into Dr Challoner's or Chesham High from Harrow area?
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

From recent years - no chance at Challoners - you may get CHS as traditionally it's undersubscribed. However the new Head is 'making waves' and it may be more popular this year.

Allocation profile was:
DCGS (boys) Information on 2007 entry allocation:
All in-area siblings and some other in-area boys to a distance of 6.423 miles.

CCHS (girls):
All catchment girls offered, out-area siblings and some other out-area girls to a distance of 13.18 miles.

CHS (Mixed):
All offered.

Do think of the logistics of travel - and you can never predict how many people living nearer to the school that you do wll have qualified.
guest1

Schools in ayelsbury

Post by guest1 »

Thanks for information guest55.

Any advise on schools in ayelsbury and their ranks.Chance to get for milton keynes kids. It seems a separate process for those moving to buckinghamshire than CAF.

Any advise is welcome.