So how are you planning the next few days?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Debims

So how are you planning the next few days?

Post by Debims »

We just had our last tutoring session and, apart from a plea to keep up with the reading, it was more a lesson on 'eat well, sleep lots and focus on the day!' rather than trying to cram any more in. We've decided to completely stop the prep now - being back at school is tiring enough and I think it's important to feel fresh and energised on Saturday. What is everyone else doing? Any last minute cramming or a slow down? And how are you DC's feeling? Mine starting to get nervous as the fact it is actually here sinks in. Not as nervous as me though...
Tinnyknickers

Re: So how are you planning the next few days?

Post by Tinnyknickers »

We are keeping going doing short timed questions. Motivation being kept up by having competitions between me and him. I tell you, I am glad I am not doing the maths part of the exam. I only beat him by 2!
Stressed?Moi?

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

Tinnyknickers wrote:We are keeping going doing short timed questions. Motivation being kept up by having competitions between me and him. I tell you, I am glad I am not doing the maths part of the exam. I only beat him by 2!
Wow, I'm impressed, I've not managed to beat my ds on maths once! :D . We had planned on doing nothing this week to let him "cool down" as he was starting to overload. However, after chatting with him we've decided to do a bit (20 mins per night) just to keep his hand in, which he seems fine with. Now, the only one not stressed with the whole thing is ds, which is really good.

Hope everyone else is managing to find a time in their day to NOT be thinking about this flipping exam - I'm not.
Tiomanisland

Post by Tiomanisland »

mmmm, well we are doing nothing, except playing outside with friends, lots of footy, tennis, running, bit of TV etc. We have worked all year and the over last month have slowed down. Just natural over the summer i suppose. I am a little concerned but DS not. He says he is confident, knows the speed he needs and know he has to 100% focus and will give it his all. I am not discussing it, to limit stress and he finds the whole thing so tiresome now to be honest. It will be sink or swim on the day. He refuses to do any more !! Fair enough I suppose. Hopefully he will pull it out of the bag!
GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL
Alice in Underland

Post by Alice in Underland »

Don't worry folks it will all be a distant memory soon and you will be stressing over GCSE's instead !
Five years ago I was in the same position but on Saturday my year 11 will be stewarding some of your children round her school.
Good Luck.
:D
Tinnyknickers

Post by Tinnyknickers »

My daughter is doing the same at Pate's, she will be looking out for her wee brother! It's comforting to know she will not be too far away..
Sunshine 11

Post by Sunshine 11 »

We're the same. Last session yesterday but after school going to get some nice comfy joggers for tomorrow. Remember comfort and layers. Dd lazily glancing at her vocab book but as you say first week back at school us tiring. All the girls are generally emotional in DDs yr with lots of tears yesterday. Meanwhile the boys just crack jokes :)
Sunshine 11
Que sera, sera
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now