Early start tomorrow??

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
frangipani

Early start tomorrow??

Post by frangipani »

At ds' school the 11+ children have to be in early tomorrow, from a prompt start.
This sounds similar to formal gcse/Alevel procedure. In by 8.30 for prompt 9am test.
Is anybody else doing this? I'm wondering if this is a county wide thing, or just our school.
scarlett

Re: Early start tomorrow??

Post by scarlett »

We haven't been told , but there is a lot to fit in and I guess it will have to be completed by lunch . However Dd is adamant that she will be doing morning mission, assembly , handing out the water bottles etc before she starts :shock:
doodles

Post by doodles »

I like that Scarlett, she's taking it in her stride.

Good luck to all your DC's for tomorrow.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Thanks Doodles ..I bet you're glad you're all done and dusted ! Dd has been told to bring in healthy energising snacks , so I've a rather long list to get at the shops later. Seems a lot to fit in but I guess It's the same length of time as previous years .
mystery

Post by mystery »

I think it's more in one day - if you are sitting it in primary school - than in previous years.

Before it would have been 50 mins plus 60 mins one day, and 50 mins plus the writing task another day or something like that - can't remember the exact length of the old papers.

For us now it is, including instructions and practice sections, approx 60 mins plus approx 60 mins plus 40 mins writing. Also there has to be minimum of 15 minutes between each block so that makes a minimum of 3 hours 10 minutes from start to finish which is longer than our school morning.

Not sure how our school will do it ... I would imagine the writing will be after lunch.
frangipani

Post by frangipani »

That makes sense. I thought it might be new strict admin rule or something, if everyone is doing it, but looks like it's just our school.
I think they might try and squeeze it all in before lunch with short breaks in between each paper.
Does anyone know which paper is first?
mystery

Post by mystery »

Council blurb says the English and Maths is first.
CoffeeCup

Post by CoffeeCup »

Order here was maths/English, then reasoning followed by writing after lunch
mystery

Post by mystery »

The kent cc website says English is the first section. Was that not the case?

The second paper should have started with verbal.
CoffeeCup

Post by CoffeeCup »

I didn't ask my son that level of detail. But first was maths and English, then reasoning. I didn't ask the order of the different sections within each of those papers