Help!!! St Olaves 6th form Entrance Exam

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
2ndtimetrek

Help!!! St Olaves 6th form Entrance Exam

Post by 2ndtimetrek »

Help needed. Does anyone have any experience of St Olaves 6th form entrance exam?
Any information advices on prep, exam format and anything that can help will be appreciated.
ToadMum

Re: Help!!! St Olaves 6th form Entrance Exam

Post by ToadMum »

This is on the website:

Frequently Asked Questions -

What it the format of the Entrance tests?

Each applicant will be required to sit papers in the four subjects that they wish to sit at A-Level. the papers are aimed at GCSE students and the topics they are currently studying, irrespective of examining board. they are designed to ascertain whether candidates are of a comparable standard of ability to our internal applicants. Guidance notes will be provided prior to the Test Day.

Not our 'patch', but if one of mine were to be taking this test, I would suggest to them that they made sure that their understanding of all the topics they have covered last year is secure and that they make sure that they stay 'up to speed' with everything that they do between now and whenever the test is. I would think that there might be some element of choice in the questions to allow for other schools having covered parts of the curriculum in different orders?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Billie

Post by Billie »

I knew someone who sat it last year, I remember her finding the application form itself a nightmare . I expect it really depends on the subjects. She wanted to do Maths and Sciences there and felt the Maths test let her down as she was doing GCSE rather than IGCSE / Further Maths modules... the Maths test was pitched high as there were topics / depth she had not covered at GCSE.
2ndtimetrek

Post by 2ndtimetrek »

Thanks Toadmum & Billie for your response. I am still not sure if I would want DD1 to attend St olave, main reason is journey time. 1.5hr travel time.

DD1 is presently in a good GS, but she is into maths and sciences, hence the consideration for St Olaves.

Open evening coming soon, maybe that will also help decision process. Will update on decision.
Gercha

Post by Gercha »

DS2 took the test in Geography, history, maths and took in a portfolio for art and he passed and started this term. He brushed up on all subjects before the tests and found them all straight forward (even though he hadn't taken GCSE Geography)! I do know the competition is tough for maths and science subjects as these are particularly popular with a lot of existing students. He is really enjoying the school.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now