Sept 10 2014 takes - All the Best!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
worriedmum76

Sept 10 2014 takes - All the Best!

Post by worriedmum76 »

The day dawns upon us!!!!

Good luck everyone - trying to appear calm before my DS, but am nervous inside and moments of 'did I do enough to help him?'

Hoping he can perform under pressure and school runs it all smoothly
mystery

Re: Sept 10 2014 takes - All the Best!

Post by mystery »

Yes, those are exactly the two things I am thinking about for tomorrow. I am not confident about either of them but, like you, trying to hide that.

Good luck everyone!
Carpediem247

Post by Carpediem247 »

All the best everyone tomorrow.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

I feel quite relaxed about tomorrow. Have a whole set of unused maths papers which I'm annoyed about , but I don't think I can go over any more with dd without addling her brain. I'm going to be more stressed in the run up to results day. Am already anxious about how I can sit through the school harvest festival service , with 3 other parents and avoid eye contact with the head. She has already explained appeals with me and then told me of course she isn't allowed to tell me if one is happening which I felt was a little disconcerting. I didn't tell her that it didn't matter as I will be analysing every aspect of her body language for answers. :)

Good Luck Everyone .x
kal12003

Post by kal12003 »

Wishing everyone the best of luck for tomorrow. Dd is getting even more nervous as the test approaches, Am hoping she holds it together.
frangipani

Post by frangipani »

Lots of unused papers here too! We didn't touch the cem papers in the end, so I hope I don't regret that!
DS has gone from speedy and accurate to slow with silly mistakes :shock:
I'm having nightmares about oversleeping and the alarm not going off :shock: or sd being ill!
DS seems to be coping ok, thank goodness.
Can not wait until 3pm tomorrow!

Good luck everyone!

See you on the other side :)
JLT

Post by JLT »

DS now in year 9 at Grammar school and DD taking the test tomorrow - I'd forgotten what a horrible stressful time it is. I do remember that period a couple of weeks after the test when people started over analysing any smiles they got from our head teacher. He was quite a smiley friendly person anyway which didn't help!!

DD is level five across the board, yet has been very reluctant to do as much work in the holidays as her brother did. We have done a few practice papers, which have ranged between 62% & 87%, so keep telling myself that under the old marking guides, she will be fine. She often makes very careless errors so still feel sick with worry for her. She has asked her brother if he will mind them being at the same secondary school and I know she has her heart set on joining him. Also all the pressures of their peers talking non stop about which school they want to go to after all the upcoming open mornings at prospective schools.

Someone pass me the wine ......... :lol: :lol:

Good luck to every child taking it - I think they're all stars just for having a go :)
fatbananas

Post by fatbananas »

DS2 came home early on Friday,really ill - shaking and temperature. Came out as a terrible cold. Have dosed DS1 with vitamins up to the hilt. But just now I feel ill :cry: temperature and vv tired. Please pray that DS1 doesn't wake up with it!

Good luck everyone - parents and children! :D
Seize the day ... before it seizes you.
relaxedMum77

Post by relaxedMum77 »

Good luck tomorrow everyone! Gutted i only just found this site :( DS been doing a few Bond books and BOFA site over summer...hoping its prepared him: he is the only child taking it in his class who hasn't been tutored! :? The whole system seems wrong to me...it's meant to be a child's natural ability :?
worriedmum76

Post by worriedmum76 »

Thanks everyone, makes me calm knowing that everyone is in the same boat. I know DS is more calm than I am. Will try not to chat with other parents tomorrow as that just makes it worse for me. People at work whose kids have been through are very supportive.

Will go home and have a pep talk with DS and allow him to play one computer game as that is how he relaxes and then off to bed early.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now