Thu 11 Sep 2014 Sutton Grammar School (Boys) Open Evening

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

MSC

Thu 11 Sep 2014 Sutton Grammar School (Boys) Open Evening

Post by MSC »

Anyone going for the open evening tomorrow? I couldn't find the time on their website but found it on another website saying it's from 4pm to 9pm. I assume that's correct.

Thinking of trying to avoid the traffic from Kingston and go late, instead of 4ish, any experience from last year? I don't travel much to Sutton at all. Any other tips and reminders? Thanks.
Last edited by MSC on Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Coconuts

Re: Thu 11 Sep 2014 Sutton Grammar School (Boys) Open Even

Post by Coconuts »

We have the open evening info through our primary school and date and times match to yours. We went last year as the open evening opened and it was very easy to walk around and see/participate in things. We were there for a couple of hours and it was very, very busy when we left. I'm aiming to go for 4 tomorrow. Personally speaking I don't think Sutton is too bad for traffic. Good luck!
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Agree that going early is better as then SGS becomes too crowded.
MSC

Post by MSC »

Who else went this evening?

A very good school indeed. It's such a shame that, just like Tiffin School, it felt so cramped - so many buildings cramped in such a small area, but then how else could the expand their capacity. But a very good school no doubt. What do you say?
panicattack

Post by panicattack »

It's worth taking a look also at the very good sports fields in Cheam for a full picture.