Tour of Britain in Bucks tomorrow

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Sally-Anne

Tour of Britain in Bucks tomorrow

Post by Sally-Anne »

A diversion from the discussion about today's test.

http://www.tourofbritain.co.uk/stages/s ... BHLY4d0ypp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anyone planning to go and watch?

The end point for the stage in Hemel is rather disappointing - I was hoping that we would get to see them navigate their way round the Magic Roundabout! :D
southbucks3

Re: Tour of Britain in Bucks tomorrow

Post by southbucks3 »

Kop hill in risborough should be a really good king of the hill.

Sadly and annoyingly I have to be elsewhere, no fun for me, boring money making stuff. A lot of my friends are going though. There is a car park in the woods at the top of lol hill, I don't know if they will let people in though. The time is 2.42 pm.....primary school pick up clash for some. :?
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

southbucks3 wrote:Kop hill in risborough should be a really good king of the hill.
Yes, DH is rather wishing he could get there to see that one. We'll definitely be watching it on TV. Not exactly the Tour de France & King of the Mountains, but still fun.
The time is 2.42 pm.....primary school pick up clash for some. :?
I think a few schools are going to have to brace themselves for some late pick-ups. Apparently they run a "rolling road block" 15 minutes before and after the Tour passes through, but signage about it all has been pretty woeful, so I'm sure a lot of people won't know it is happening.
BlueBerry22

Post by BlueBerry22 »

The Misbourne is closing at 1330 to accomodate pick up clash and tour clash - pretty sure all schools in the area have been advised the same - obviously doesn't help those who travel through these areas.
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Nope, none of mine are getting off early. :( I have to leave for Milton Keynes in a minute, so hope I do not get caught up in rolling road closure on way back for them.