Gifts after exams

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Vicster

Gifts after exams

Post by Vicster »

Is anybody buying a gift to give to their child post exam?
I am going into town today to hunt down a box set of my sons favourite tv show and the book that I know he has been waiting to be released.
I decided against giving a gift when we get results as results could go either way and I want to reward his effort rather than his score. He has made a lot of effort and is quite anxious and I am so proud of him for getting on with practising without much encouragement (or nagging).

Good luck to everyone sitting exams tomorrow and over the next couple of weeks!
Ladymuck

Re: Gifts after exams

Post by Ladymuck »

We went out for dinner to my sons favourite restaurant as a post exam treat. Definite yes to rewarding effort!
salsa

Post by salsa »

We went out for dinner with his friends just after the exam. Then to the Lego shop for a celebratory set. When he got a place, we celebrated at a theme park as a surprise. Notice I never called it a reward as we always told him his reward would be getting into the school!
Vicster

Post by Vicster »

I suppose I'm trying not to think about any reward if DS gets into his chosen school because I am wary that he isn't guaranteed a pass. I've gone down the route of trying to play it down and have told him that it isn't the end of the world if he doesn't get a place because there are other good state schools and each one has different positive points. I'm not sure that he believes that and I fear he will be very disappointed if he doesn't get a place. Therefore I have decided to reward effort rather than achievement.

Maybe I will reward DS with a celebratory meal at his favourite restaurant if he gets a place but I won't mention that until the results have actually arrived.